Chapter 10__Softening

Kulsum's POV-

My mind is spinning in thousand directions and my stomach is erupting with butterflies.
All he did was pecked me on the cheek and I instantly turned pink.

I noticed how everyone's eyes widened and then awkwardly looked down at their food.
I'm feeling sooo embarrassed.
What the fudge!

Although I glanced at Emir and he parted his chicken forcefully with his knife and fork as if he has some kind of beef with that chicken.
Is he jealous?
Wait why would he be jealous. It's not like he has feelings for me. Right?

I took a glance at Abdul Razzaq and he lowered his gaze and continued eating his meal with his usual cold expression and acted like nothing happened!

Oh my Allah, where did I got stuck?
After the dinner, his uncle left and I felt so relieved I don't know why but I felt like a weight lifted off my chest.

I was in the kitchen washing dishes with Aslihan and Zakariya was cleaning the table.
Both of them kept glancing at me every two seconds and grinned.

Sometimes I get so awkward in front of them. They react as if me and Abdul Razzaq are not married but are a lovey-dovey college students who are in relationship.
Astagfirullah!

"What is up with you two?" I finally confronted them.
"What?" They both replied together with their eyes widened and trying to hold back their laugh.

"Why are you guys acting like this?" I folded my arms.
"Acting like what?" Aslihan giggled.
"Yeah it's actually your actions that compel us to act this way!" Zakariya winked.

"Uhuh did you see your face? You looked like a tomato when...." Aslihan bit her lips playfully.
"When Aabey k-" Zakariya smirked.
"Don't say it!" I exclaimed as they both burst out laughing.

These two brats leave no chance to embarrass me!
I actually feel sorry for them. I wonder how devastated they'll feel after 7 months....

"By the way why are your uncle and aunt are....I mean what-?" I hesitated.
"So formal with each other?" Zakariya interrupted.
"Yeah." I sighed.
"I wish we knew to be honest." Aslihan said as her voice sounded low.

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.
"You see we weren't always like this....growing up uncle and his family used to live here with us. My father and my uncle loved each other dearly. They did everything together. Even Abdul Razzaq loved uncle very much. He spent most of his time with him. But one day we witnessed uncle and his family moved out. We asked dad and Aabey why they're suddenly leaving but they didn't answer. Aabey was 14 at that time and they just told us to never talk to them or talk about them. But Aabey changed a lot after that. No one knows what happened except father and brother." Aslihan sighed.

That sounded so devastating. I don't know what or why it happened but that's definitely the reason Abdul Razzaq tells me to stay away from Emir.
But that's so unreasonable. He never gives me a single reason not to be around him.

Oh yeah, he didn't even told his family....you think he's gonna tell you?
My subconscious taunted.
.

.

.

I entered the bedroom after a long and exhausting day.
I found Abdul Razzaq sitting on the bed with his legs stretched with a laptop on it. He wore his usual night wear which was a shirt and loose trousers.

Ya Allah even in his night wears he looks so breathtaking.
Suddenly today's dinner table incident hit me causing my cheeks to heat up.

I almost forgot about it. How in the world am I gonna face him after this.
He looked up at me with one of his eyebrows raised.

"Do you need something?" He asked bluntly.
"Wha- no, no I am just heading towards the bathroom. " I snapped out of my mind and hurriedly went inside the bathroom.
So embarrassing!!

I quickly changed into my night wears and got out of the bathroom.
I found Abdul Razzaq folding his prayer mat.
I closed the windows and made my way towards the bed. I found him stretching his arms which flexed his perfectly sculpted biceps to which I melted.
Suddenly, I tripped and was about to fall when I felt a hand clutching my wrist tightly, he pulled me towards him and I instantly collided with his solid chest.

We were so close I could feel his heartbeat. His glittering blue eyes pierced my heart with every gaze he lays upon me.
I don't know how in the world he makes me feel this way!

"We need to work on that tripping habit of yours. I can't be there to catch you everytime you trip." He said sarcastically, still not letting me go.

Oh no mister I would've been perfectly fine if it wasn't for a gorgeous man like you Mashallah, distracting me.
Wait what? Astagfirullah I'm so shameless.

"As if I need you to save me. I rather fall than to be saved by you!" I rolled my eyes.
He instantly let go of me but I wasn't ready and I lost my balance and I tripped again making him push onto the bed with me on top of him.

Our lips were just inches apart as our bodies collided.
Damn his abs feels so good!
What in the actual FUDGE are you doing Kulsum!

"You can't seem to be able to resist me. Do you plan to kiss me again?" He stated bluntly.
I quickly got up feeling my cheeks heat up.

"What? It's you who kissed me on the dinner table! I didn't asked for it." I crossed my arms.
"Yeah but I warned you to be a little extra nice to me in front of them. But unfortunately you weren't helping so I had to step up my game." He said sarcastically.

"Whatever!" I rolled my eyes again.
"Oh and I wasn't talking about the kiss on dinner table. I was talking about the kiss that day when you tripped and landed on me." He smirked slightly.

Uh-oh. I immediately recalled that incident. Gosh that was so embarrassing.
Why is he bringing up that now?
What drives me more crazy is that....that it was my first kiss!

"First of all..it was an accident okay. I tripped and....well I didn't intended to kiss you." I looked everywhere but him.

"Yeah that's what I'm saying....we need to fix that tripping habit of yours. Or else who knows what you'll do to me." He said sarcastically as he went to his side of the bed.

"Wha- how could you think like that? You're so shameless!" I gasped.
"I didn't say anything you're making stuff in your head Miss clumsy." He rolled his eyes.

I just glared at him and went to sleep.

The next day-

"Yes, this is Kulsum....I need you to please book that plot for me, I'll give you the money very soon.....It has already been paid? Ok thank you." I confusingly ended the call.

I went with Emir to check out the plot for my clinic that day and I quite liked it.
I would've booked it instantly if I had the money.
Today I called him to book it and surprisingly the money has been paid and now he's saying to come over and sign the papers.

But it's impossible! I didn't pay the money!
And if I didn't then who did?
_____________________________________________

Heyyy guys!!!!

So I was less reserved today so I decided to surprise you with a new chapter.

Don't worry I'll still upload on Saturday/Sunday.

Hope you liked the chapter and if you did please vote and comment.

Your feedbacks means so much to me, it's what that keeps me going.

Thank you so much for reading.

Also if you want spoilers and reels about Abdul Razzaq and Kulsum please follow my Instagram account.

Instagram user- moonstone_booklover

Love ya'll
Potterhead