Chapter 2__ The wedding day

Abdul Razzaq's pov-

"Yes, it's me. Cancel all the meetings I have today......just do as I say Hamza, things are very critical at this moment." I ordered my assistant and cut the call.

Nothing, I repeat nothing goes beyond my predictions in my life.
No matter how much my life gets worse I always see it coming.

But what grandma said today was the first time I did not see it coming.
I thought I had atleast a year for this stupid marriage and now I don't even have a day.

I don't know what or why and how everything is happening but I'm totally losing my patience.

I only agreed to marry her in the first place because she belongs to a well known and repuated family and they are one of the biggest investors in our company.
So of course marrying Abbas Qureshi's daughter is very beneficial.

And that's exactly what I require at the thought of getting married even if the girl is a menace and a total mess.

I knew she was trouble the minute I saw her when we first met when we were kids.
She's so pretentious and phoney.

But when she fell on her own and framed me for pushing her and faked cried creating a melodrama I knew that she's just a manipulative liar.

And one of things I despise the most is lying.
Of course I let go of that incident but I'm pretty sure she's the same manipulating doll she used to be.
And one thing is for sure. People don't change not as much as to leave their mortality.

I quickly called all the authorities needed to proceed with the wedding.
We're ignoring all the extra stuff like wedding dress and rings because all we need are wedding papers.

Later that evening-

We were seated on chairs adjacent to grandma's bed as our family members surrounded us.
I don't know why but her presence so close to me makes my chest heavy.

Do you Kulsum Qureshi daughter of Abbas Qureshi accept Abdul Razzaq Ozturk son of Alparslan Ozturk as your husband along with 10 million dollars as your meher?"

"Y-yes...I do." She hesitated.
"Do you?"
"Yes,I do."
"Do you?"
Yes....I do." She sighed softly.

I don't actually complain if she's hesitant it's all too sudden.
I took a glance at her with the corner of my eyes and she looks like she's about to cry.
Of course she felt like crying, she just got married without any warning.

"Do you Abdul Razzaq Ozturk son of Alparslan Ozturk accept Kulsum Qureshi daughter of Abbas Qureshi as your wife and offer her 10 million dollars as meher like you promised?" My father proceeded with the nikah recitation.

"Yes, I do."
"Do you?"
Yes I do."
"Do you?"
"Yes I do."

"At this I officially declare you as husband and wife, may Allah cherish your marriage and bless you with children that become the apple of your eyes and may Allah always keep you happy. " My father finished all the recitation.

We quickly got up and I kissed my grandma's hand.
"May Allah always keep you happy my child." She said softly.
We then kissed hands of all the elders present in the room and signed the wedding papers.

I cannot believe that just happened. But I keep reminding myself that it's all for grandma, everything is for her.

Suddenly the door opened and the doctor came in.
"Mr. Ozturk can I talk to you for a moment?" He asked firmly as a vein popped up on his forehead.
"Of course. " I responded with a nod and we got out of the room.

"I'm afraid that I have some....critical news." He said tensely.
"What is it?" I asked as I felt a sudden rush in my body.
"Your grandmother only has 6 months to live. We studied all her files and her operations and she won't be able to make it, the maximum time she has is 6 months." Those words shattered my heart, I can't lose my grandmother like this.

If she leaves I don't know how I'll be able to keep up with my myself.
"What are you saying doctor, there must be some way!" I growled.
I felt my muscles acting up as I clenched my jaw.

"I'm so sorry to deliver this to you. You can take her now though. We'll discharge her but her cancer can act up any time." He informed.
But those words were barely audible to me. I was lost at the thought of losing my grandmother.
I can bear any pain in the world but if my family gets hurt I'm the most dangerous person on earth.
But this only depends on Allah right now, all we can do now is pray.

They soon discharged grandma and my parents accompanied her in the ambulance as they drove away.
I was as close to puch the wall as a tiny grain.

As soon as they left Kulsum's parents approached me.
"Son I know you're going through a lot right now but please keep my daughter happy. I'm telling you this as a father and not as a father-in-law." Mr. Abbas said with a crooked voice as his lips curled.

"You have our blessing son. May Allah keep you both happy. " Mrs. Kausar Qureshi said as tears rolled down her eyes.

I kissed both of their hands. "Don't worry, I won't disappoint you. " I said firmly.
"We'll take her for now, get her bags ready." Mrs. Kausar said softly.

"Oh that won't be necessary, I'll have my assistant get all her stuff from the house and she will accompany me to Turkey as we're taking my grandmother back." I suggested.

"But- there are stuff I need in my house." Kulsum interrupted with her voice as sweet as honey.
I couldn't see her face because of the mask she was wearing but her voice was oddly melodic.

"As I said your essentials will be carried out by my assistant don't worry about a thing." I said as nicely as possible.

She reluctantly agreed as she hugged her parents and accompanied me to my car.
I was surprised she didn't even shed a single tear.
I was still preoccupied with grandma as we crossed the road.

I was feeling devastated and a million things were running in my mind.
Suddenly a car rushed right at me and before I could even react I got pulled back firmly by a soft palm on my wrist.

I turned to look at Kulsum holding my wrist and we were just an inch away from each other.
Her mask fell off and I couldn't help but admire her hazel brown eyes that resembled honey and her flushed pink cheeks sparkled with the most beautiful freckles I'd ever seen. And her lips were as pink as the rose.

I didn't realised earlier how beautiful she was.
I got held up as I stared deep into her eyes while still not moving away from her.
For some reason I couldn't bring myself to move.
___________________________________________

Heyy guys!!!

Hope you liked this chapter as well please vote and comment if you did it means a lot.

Thank you so much for reading.

Also if you want spoilers and reels about Abdul Razzaq and Kulsum please follow my Instagram account.

Instagram user- moonstone_booklover

Love ya'll
Potterhead