Chapter 11 - Brighid

I pace in front of the fireplace. That BITCH! She thinks she's won. That half breed really thinks she has beaten me. Well, she has made a big mistake coming here and disrupting my plans. I need revenge. A revenge she will never see coming because if I have anything to do with it, she won't be living.

The guard hustles into the room with the man I called for. His hopeless expression sickens me as he lands, bound at my feet.

"So glad you could join us. Now, tell me. What do you see?" I curl my fingers into a tight fist, unleashing the painful magic I have on him. He writhes on the floor. At this point he no longer needs the torture, but I enjoy the feeling as I smile at the carnage.

"There is nothing you can do now. They are- fated.  You can't come between them!" he screams, I press my lips together in displeasure.

"Fated! They're fated!" I throw a fire ball against the wall leaving a dark scorch mark, it soothes me, somewhat. "How?!" I demand.

"She is able to share dreams with him, before they met. She is able to send him messages with ease, he feels her pain and she makes him stronger. You can no longer stand between them. She may be only half fae but she is stronger than I. Stronger than many with him beside her. If you cross them, you will die." A smile spreads across his gaunt face. Disgusting.

An idea flickers like a spark in my brain. "If they are stronger together, than I will separate them. They don't know this yet and she is so trusting she will believe it when she hears he has chosen me. Especially if it comes from that little sea nymph." I smile victoriously. "As you say, they feel each-others pain and we all know, one mate cannot live without the other."

"No, please! Leave her alone!" he battles against the guards restraining him. My eyes widen at his fight. I flick my wrist at the guards, and they drag him from the room. For a man I have barely been feeding for the past two years, he surprises me.

"Now it's time for a new plan and a new potion. I'm going to break her heart before I rip it from her chest."