Chapter 7

"I have THE best news." Hali says as I jump in the car. "I kissed Rowan yesterday." She squealed. "I thought, you know what? I'm just going to do it. So, I did." She said proud of herself.

"I know, I saw everything." I say, she blushed, turning a raspberry colour.

"How?" She's turning pinker by the minute.

"Finn was taking me back to the mirror. You were blocking the stairs. I didn't want to interrupt." I winked at her.

"Thanks girl!" She shouts tapping me on the arm with her elbow.

"So, what does it mean? He seemed to be enjoying it as much as you did." I send her a cheeky grin.

"I don't know, but it felt so good." She said sinking into her seat. "I couldn't help myself Did you see those muscles at the beach? Woo!" she fanned herself with her hand. I couldn't contain my laughter. She was so happy her ears couldn't stop twitching. "Speaking of muscles. Being saved by the prince?" she said in a high-pitched voice, Disney style and grinning manically. "Tell me everything."

I paused for a minute. "How the hell do you know so many movie references? I haven't seen one tv in the Seelie Court."

"You have only seen Finn's room." My cheeks pink as I avert my gaze. "And I love them. I went to the cinema once with class and that was it. Hooked." She clicks her fingers before turning back to me. "Don't change the subject. What happened with Finn? You looked awfully... cosy, when we came back." She wiggled her eyebrows and I sighed.

"I can trust you right? Whatever is said between us stays there."

She looked at me faking shock. "I wouldn't expect anything less!"

"Well, we kissed." I said, half scrunching my face preparing for the blast.

"OH, MY NEPTUNE!" she screams hitting the wheel, accidentally hitting the horn at one point. "But he's getting married?" she gasps.

"I know. That's why I said I couldn't be with him." I said a ping of pain hitting me in the chest.

"YOU told HIM? I swear, since you came to town, my gossip gills are through the roof. Why does he like you so much? No offence, but he hardly knows you." She asks confused.

"Again, sworn to secrecy. I've been having this vision dreams about him since before we met. That's why I acted weird when we first met." Her mouth gapes open. "And he's been dreaming of me too." she jumps in her seat. Dancing side to side and a Cheshire grin spread over her face. Completely giddy until she looks at me again and sees my uncertainty.

"So, what are you going to do?" she asks, biting her fingernails.

"Hope, I guess. I don't want him to get married. He doesn't even want to marry her, but I can't stand in his way. We literally just met," I shrug, trying to act casual but feeling my chest constrict.

"Oh, guppy." She says, pulling into the school car park. "Let's hug it out." She says. She parks the car and reaches over the centre console. "In case you didn't already know, I'm team Fea." she whispers in my ear.

"Thanks Hali. I look out of the window. Looks like a certain other prince charming is waiting for you." I say pointing over her shoulder. Rowan was leaning against a red brick wall, smiling at us.

"Eep!" the noise escapes her.

"Quick, go see him." I say nudging her out the car.

She grins widely, hugging me once more. She waves her hand over her face, trying to gain composure, and gets out the car casually.

I get out and watch her walk over to him.

He takes a hand from behind is back and looks around. Seeing the coast clear, a single flower appears in his hand. Within a moment, she dives on him, kissing him, nearly taking him off his feet.