"So much for composure." I laugh under my breath.

"Composure?" I hear Finn behind me, my heart hits its cage like a meteor. I point casually at the couple. "Well, they are... eager." He smiles.

"I think it's cute. They make a great couple." I nod approvingly.

"They are practically a different species." He laughs. I dart him a look.

"The heart wants what the heart wants." He looks down, avoiding my gaze.

"I just came to give you this." He hands me a blue envelope with gold trim.  Surely not a wedding invitation?

"Are these the royal colours?" I say, images of the suit flashing from my dream.

"Yes." He smiled, dropping it when seeing my face. "What?" he asks. The bell ringing in the background.

"It's nothing." I smile tightly. I open the envelope slowly, my heart clenching expecting the worst, to see it is an invite to the summer Solstice ball this Saturday at the palace. I let out a big breath, I didn't realise I was holding. Finn raises a quizzical eyebrow at me. "Thank you for this." I smile and he nods briefly in response.

We head into the school, as we pass Hali and Rowan, I tug on her arm. "Class." I whisper. She pulls away from his embrace slightly dazed. Finn pulling Rowan in the opposite direction. "See you later Rowan." I shout. She smiles and waves at him and he returns a blown kiss.

"Here's a question. Why the hell do you go to school? You're a magical being going to a school that has no idea you even exist." Her gaze finally snaps back. "You could literally go home and make out all day." I laughed.

"Well, Finn, the Prince." She starts. I roll my eyes.

"Of course." Waving my hand for her to continue.

"He wanted to go." she said, "to become a good king I need to know the neighbours.'' She mimics him, holding her arms out like she has muscles. The conversation with Finn yesterday comes back to the forefront of my mind. He came here to find me.

"So why do you go?" I ask, pointing at her specifically.

"Well, we were already friends. Finn, Rowan, Eva and I, so we just went with him. It's cool to understand another culture and learn their history." She smiled.

"So, like foreign exchange. Without the exchange." I smiled.

"We took you in, didn't we?" she joked.

"Touché. I suppose I am half Fae though. You have to start somewhere." I laughed. "Want to hear a new skill I learned?" I smiled.

"Sure!" she smiled. We sat down at our desks and I took her hand.

Rowan smudged your lipstick, I thought, send the message through me to her. Her eyes went wide in horror. Digging through her bag for a mirror.

"You let me walk through the school like this?" she whispered, annoyance in her voice.

"I wanted to show you my new skills." I shrugged.

"I must admit that was very cool. We can have a secret conversation. Well, with you doing all the talking."

"Well, that's unusual." I say, sarcastically. Flashing her my raised eyebrows.

"Whatever." She said waving a hand at me.

"So, what happened to your composure when you saw Rowan?" bobbing my eyebrows up and down.

"That flower. It pushed all the composure of the table. He's just so God damn cute!" she says through gritted teeth. I couldn't help but laugh and feel a hint of envy.