𝟎𝟏𝟎.𝟓

Start from the beginning

"Cozy, I'll be sure to tell Juliet about this experience." Augustus grinned while Percy scowled distancing his face from Augustus. He saw the faces of centaurs gaping up at them. Then they landed on the pavement and scrambled away from the hug.

Ow! Guido moaned, who'd landed right beside them. My legs. My head. My wings.

Chiron galloped over with his medical pouch and began working on the pegasus.

 When they looked up, their heart crawled into their throat. The helicopter was only a few seconds away from slamming into the side of the building. Annabeth joined them by their side in tension.

Then miraculously the helicopter righted itself. It spun in a circle and hovered. Very slowly, it began to descend.

It seemed to take forever, but finally the helicopter thudded to a landing in the middle of Fifth Avenue. Percy looked through the windshield and couldn't believe what he was seeing Juliet was at the controls, and working them with ease.

They ran forward as the rotors spun to a stop. Rachel opened the side door and dragged out the pilot.

Rachel was dressed like she was on vacation, in beach shorts, a T-shirt, and sandals. Her hair was tangled and her face was green from the helicopter ride.

Juliet climbed out last.

Percy stared at her in awe, wanting to kiss her senseless. "I didn't know you could fly a helicopter."

Juliet reached into her jeans and held out her wallet that had a junior pilot license in it, making Percy surprised that he had been able to score such a beautiful and talented girl, "I was bored last summer, so I asked Adam to help me learn."

"You saved my life," Rachel said.

Juliet flexed her bad shoulder. "Yeah, well . . . let's not make a habit of it. What are you doing here?"

"I—" Rachel glanced at Augustus. "I had to be here. I knew Gus was in trouble."

"Got that right," Annabeth grumbled. "Well, if you'll excuse me, I have some injured friends I've got to tend to. Glad you could stop by, Rachel."

'Annabeth—" Augustus called.

She stormed off.

Rachel plopped down on the curb and put her head in her hands. "I'm sorry, Guys. I didn't mean to . . . I always mess things up."

It was kind of hard to argue with her, though Augustus was glad she was safe. He looked in the direction Annabeth had gone, but she'd disappeared into the crowd. 

"It's okay," Juliet told Rachel, patting, her shoulder and wincing a little making Percy appear by her side immediately, "How about you talk with Gus? I need Percy for a while here,"

Rachel nodded as the couple left them alone, walking towards the medical camps that had been set up. Juliet flexed her shoulder and spoke tiredly, "That took too much energy out of me, I'm so hungry right now."

Percy directed her towards the demeter cabin who had made up a make shift canteen for them, he piled up a plate full off whatever food he could find. Juliet scooped up a blue cookie in the midst smiling in amusement as she held it up to him, "Look! I found your favourite!"

Percy smiled fondly, kissing her forehead before making her sit down at eat the food. They had been on their second serving when Augustus joined them, nervously.

"Percy, I gotta talk to you," He spoke taking a seat beside them. Percy motioned for him to talk, Augustus glanced at Juliet but then decided to speak, Percy close to never hid anything from Juliet anyways.