𝟎𝟎𝟐.𝟑

𝟎𝟎𝟐.𝟑

Percy wanted to kill himself, he'd lost two of his best friends in the span of an hour

Percy wanted to kill himself, he'd lost two of his best friends in the span of an hour. Annabeth was gone and Juliet had been kidnapped by Luke. His heart hammered in his chest, he couldn't be bothered with giving his respects to Artemis or taking care of the Di Angelo's.

He'd fucked up again. He'd promised Juliet he would keep her safe, but he'd been too egotistical and let her run off in danger. It had been his fault. He was angry, he was so angry he could feel blood roaring in his ears, he needed to do something.

Kill something.

What? He snapped to himself in his head, Where the hell did the blood thirst come from?

Zoë Nightshade broke his thoughts away, she approached him by the fire, "Percy Jackson."

She had dark brown eyes and a slightly upturned nose. With her silver circlet and her proud expression, she looked so much like royalty that Percy had to resist the urge to sit up straight and say "Yes, ma'am." She studied him distastefully, like he was a bag of dirty laundry she'd been sent to fetch.

"Come with me," she said. "Lady Artemis wishes to speak with thee."

Zoe led him to the last tent, which looked no different from the others, and waved him inside. Percy hesitated slightly, Artemis was the twin sister of Apollo, Juliet's dad, which basically made her Juliet's aunt. He really didn't want to get turned into dust for risking Juliet's life by her aunt. Bianca di Angelo was seated next to Artemis.

The inside of the tent was warm and comfortable. Silk rugs and pillows covered the floor. In the center, a golden brazier of fire seemed to burn without fuel or smoke. Behind the goddess, on a polished oak display stand, was her huge silver bow, carved to resemble gazelle horns. The walls were hung with animal pelts: black bear, tiger, and several others Percy didn't recognize. He figured an animal rights activist would've had a heart attack looking at all those rare skins, but maybe since Artemis was the goddess of the hunt, she could replenish whatever she shot. He thought she had another animal pelt lying next to her, and then he realized it was a live animal—a deer with glittering fur and silver horns, its head resting contentedly in Artemis's lap.