𝟎𝟏𝟕.𝟒

𝟎𝟏𝟕.𝟒

Two days later it was Percy's birthday

Two days later it was Percy's birthday. He never advertised the date, because it always fell right after camp, so none of his camp friends could usually come, and he didn't have that many mortal friends. Besides, getting older didn't seem like anything to celebrate since he'd gotten the big prophecy about him destroying or saving the world when he turned sixteen. Now he was turning fifteen. He was running out of time.

He had been putting on his best clothes, which were a non wrinkled t-shirt and jeans when the doorbell had rung. He'd trudged out unwillingly and grumbling as he tried to fix his hair. But all that unwillingness moved away when he opened the door and came face to face with his girlfriend, standing in his doorway, wearing a shimmery dark green dress and holding up a dozen of blue balloons with a bouquet of...was that Delos flowers?

She grinned beautifully before stepping inside, "Hey, babe," kissing him on the cheek she walked inside leaving a frozen Percy by the door. "Hey Sally,"

"Julie! you're here!" His mom trudged out of the kitchen and hugged Juliet taking the balloons and bouquet from her hand while Percy still stared at her in slack jaw. "I was wondering when you were going to come," Sally said, making him grow more confused.

"You knew?" He asked, Juliet turned in his direction and winked, while Sally smiled mischievously, "Juliet wanted it to be a surprise."

"Did I surprise you Perce?" Juliet grinned at him, all bright eyes and pretty smiles, he shook his head in amusement at her antics, "Shouldn't you be in Washington?"

He directed her over to the couch while Sally went back to the kitchen. Juliet flopped down beside him, throwing her arms around him in a makeshift hug. "I'm supposed to be here for your birthday,"

"Smooth," Percy mused with a smile as she looked up from where she had been hugging him, "Smooth is my middle name,"

Percy chuckled before drawling out, "Sure it is,"

"Hey don't go insulting my name, dude." Juliet lightly smacked him across the arm making him over react and hold the place in mock pain.

Percy laughed, "Okay, okay, I won't insult your middle name. Smooth it is."