𝟎𝟏𝟖.𝟒

𝟎𝟏𝟖.𝟒

Snow pelted down all around her as Juliet rushed to the cafe she was supposed to meet her fellow study group members in

Snow pelted down all around her as Juliet rushed to the cafe she was supposed to meet her fellow study group members in. Sophomore year of high school had just begun and life was already starting to look weary, as much Juliet loved science, she wished she was instead back at camp learning how to blow a monster's head up.

"Juliet, Here!" Samantha held her arm as Juliet entered the cafe and looked around before finding them. 

Samantha was from her AP chem class, as well as Mike who for some reason thought he had a superior gene than them just because he came from a family full of Yale alums. The dude was irritating as hell and needed to get therapy. He scowled as Juliet took a seat infront of him and Sam, giving her the stink eye before turning up his nose at her and speaking in his nasally voice, "You're late."

"I'm never late," It was true, while usually Juliet was never to late to anything, sometimes in winter she lagged behind, she knew it had to do with her dad being lazy but Juliet had a messed up schedule in winter.

It was one day before Christmas and she wanted to be anywhere but at the cafe, but their winter chemistry project wasn't going to finish itself, and Juliet was not a slacker. She pulled her jacket away, deciding to just sit in her turtleneck and t-shirt.

Mike glanced at the graphic tee of Jeff Buckley and snickered before asking, "You like Jeff Buckley? Name five songs,"

"Name five bitches you pulled, this is gonna be hard." Juliet gave the guy an unimpressed look as he blushed embarrassment, Sam tried to conceal her laughter by a cough.

Samantha quickly intervened, trying to steer the conversation away from potential conflict, "Alright, let's focus on our project, guys. Juliet, did you bring the research notes?"

Juliet nodded, pulling out a notebook from her bag, "Yeah, got it all right here. Now, let's figure out how to tackle this project. I've got some ideas on how we can experiment with different reaction rates."

They were just about to look at the notes whenJuliet's phone on the table started ringing, it was rare case for her to get calls and even rarer when they were from Percy. She immediately picked the call up without any hesitation, "Hey, babe?"