𝟎𝟎𝟔.𝟑

𝟎𝟎𝟔.𝟑

When Percy finally reached Juliet, he felt like his soul had been sucked out of his body

When Percy finally reached Juliet, he felt like his soul had been sucked out of his body. Artemis was holding the sky, and Juliet....she was unconscious by Artemis's feet. His heart sank at the sight of Juliet lying unconscious at Artemis's feet. The weight of guilt and responsibility pressed on him like a leaden cloak. He rushed to her side, his eyes filled with worry and frustration.

"Jules," he murmured, gently shaking her to rouse her from her unconscious state. "Come on, wake up."

"My lady!" Zoe rushed forward, but Artemis said, "Stop! It is a trap. You must leave now."

Her voice was strained. She was drenched in sweat. Percy had never seen a goddess in pain before, but the weight of the sky was clearly too much for Artemis. If a goddess was in so much pain, then a demigod like Juliet would've nearly died. He didn't care, somehow he just didn't care about Artemis, his gaze was stuck to Juliet, why wasn't she waking up.

Dread settled in his stomach. His hands trembled as he continued to shake Juliet, desperately urging her to wake up. The scene was chaotic, with Artemis struggling under the weight of the sky and Zoe torn between helping her lady and rushing to Juliet's side.

"Come on, Jules," Percy muttered, his voice choked with a mix of fear and frustration. "We need you. Wake up!"

Zoe was crying. She ran forward despite Artemis's protests, and tugged at the chains.

A booming voice spoke behind them: "Ah, how touching."

They turned. The General was standing there in his brown silk suit. At his side were Luke and half a dozen dracaenae bearing the golden sarcophagus of Kronos. Annabeth stood at Luke's side. She had her hands cuffed behind her back, a gag in her mouth, and Luke was holding the point of his sword to her throat. Percy's blood board in his head, pure anger consumed him.

He couldn't hear anything, his gaze fixed on Juliet's golden hair that was now threaded with grey, her face was ashen and she looked...dead.

Percy could see Thalia and Luke having a spat, The general proclaiming he's Atlas and coming for Zoe, but it didn't matter. Nothing did.