Keep Your Friends Close... Your Enemies Closer

Outside Riot and Loona's apartment door

Axle walked up to the door laying the briefcase down opening it grabbing the metal lining and pulling two thin metal pieces off from the briefcase and began to pick the lock of their door. Axle stopped instantly staring blankly at the door handle muttered, "I swear..." as he grabbed the handle pulling it down opening the door. Sighing, Axle whispered, "...Thought you would have learned..." before returning the lock pick to it place in briefcase closing it Axle grabbed the handle and walked into the apartment softly closing the on his way in. Walking past the kitchen, Axle laid the briefcase on the counter and continued to walk towards the couch where he flopped over the armrest landing with a small thud causing him to grunt in pain and hold onto his stomach whispering, "Fuck..."

An Hour Later

With Loona and Riot still not out , Axle slowly propped himself up to look at the still closed bathroom door whispering as he got up off the couch and began walking over to kitchen, "come on I don't have all day. Im taking something to drink."

"I don't care if you mind or not," he quietly chuckled to himself as he opened the fridge spotting cheap beer in the door and grabbing one. Cracking open the bottle with his teeth, he spit out the cap into the nearby trashcan as the water to shower could be heard turned off, "...finally..." He muttered as he leaned against the same counter the briefcase is laying on waiting for the door to open taking swigs from the bottle every now and then. When the door opened, Loona walked out only covered by a towel and Riot wearing pair of black shorts that happened to be in the bathroom with neither of the two noticing Axle quietly standing in the kitchen watching them.

"I needed that..." Loona whispered smiling to Riot who followed her to the bed to the point where she was just outside of Axle's view and he only saw her shadow as she got dressed

"Guess so..." Riot replied as he broke off from following and sat down on the couch as he waited for Loona to finish getting dressed when he heard her yelp, "Axle?!" Quickly turning around he looked at Loona who was looking at Axle in the Kitchen as he quietly waved at her

"Hello." Axle announced grabbing Riots attention

"How'd you'd get in here?" Loona asked worryingly staring at Axle

"You left your door unlocked. I figured you'd would have learned from last time." Axle responded taking another sip of beer then setting it down with a small thud, "Not important anyway, what is... do you want answers?"

"Those being for?" Riot asked throwing is arm over the back of the couch

"How you both fucked up..."Axle answered bluntly then pointing to Loona, "...and that."

"We fucked up?" Riot asked confused and almost insulted

"Yep. If you dumbasses didn't go up and visit a relative after dying, this whole situation wouldn't be happening. Also... someone wants to meet you..." Axle answered picking up the bottle again and drinking the rest of the beer in it

"Who is it?" Riot asked as looked over to Loona who frozen in fear.

"Your father." Axle swiftly replied chucking the empty bottle into the trashcan

"My dad? He's here? What about mom?" Riot asked hopeful to reunite with them.

"Thats the thing. I think he would want to explain it himself. Honestly I don't care." Axle answered clearly wanting to leave at this point , "now text the other one so we can leave."

"Ok?" Riot replied getting up and walking over to his side of the bed grabbing his phone off of the nightstand to text Kel as Axle pulled out his phone and began texting someone.

"Alright... Change of plans, we are going to your father. You remember the garage?" Axle announced before looking over at Loona, "Loona?"

"What?" Loona answered being ripped back into reality.

"You remember the garage right?" Axle asked a second time as he glanced at the fridge debating on grabbing another beer.

"Uh. Yeah, yeah. You and Tex stay there." Loona answered with hesitation with a forced smile

"Used to stay there..."  Axle replied swiftly

"I haven't been there since..." Loona began as she looked down

"Don't. Not the time... maybe we talk about together. Just me and you?" Axle muttered regretfully, stopping Loona from finishing her sentence.

"Yeah yeah, sure." Loona muttered as she began to relax.

"Mind if I get that tracker back?" Axle asked pointing in the direction of Loona's nightstand, "It wasn't cheap."

"Here take it." Riot spoke up as he reached over the bed grabbing the device off of Loona's nightstand and tossed it across the room with Axle catching it with one hand.

"Thanks..." Axle muttered setting the tracker down next to the briefcase with a thud before looking back down at his phone where he continued to text.

"He says he'll be here in twenty minutes..." Riot announced looking away from his phone towards Axle.

"It'll be too late... tell him meet us at the automotive shop on La'Gore Lane." Axle quickly replied as he stopped leaning on the counter and began walking to the door grabbing the tracker and briefcase on his way out, "Get dressed, I don't have all day... I'll be outside..."

"Okay?..." Riot muttered as he watched Axle close to the door before getting up and walking behind Loona and resting his head on her shoulder, "how are you holding up?"

"Scared... yet oddly relieved..." Loona muttered as she stared at the door.

"You know you never told me what he did..."  Riot whispered as he carefully wrapped his arms around Loona's waist.

"I really don't want to talk about it..." Loona whispered with as she grabbed Riot's hands

"Whatever you want to do..." Riot whispered leaning forward kissing her on the cheek before pulling away to get dressed

As Loona stood there her hand slowly moved down to her hand to outside part of her thigh feeling a scar hidden beneath her fur quickly removing her hand when she heard Riot getting closer when a loud bang came from the door.

"Hurry up I can't sit and wait..." Axle yelled with a hint of pain in voice before leveling out then toning it down out from outside the apartment as Loona and Riot walked out.

"Whats... whats got you so antsy?" Loona nervously chuckled as she rubbed her arm with her opposite hand

"You wouldn't understand... not yet at least..." Axle muttered as he began walking to the elevator

"What do you mean?" Riot asked confused as he and Loona began to follow Axle

"All I can say is... I was told to keep my friends close but enemies closer... I failed... now Im facing the repercussions..." Axle explained not making eye contact with either Loona or Riot as he pressed the button calling the elevator

"What does that have to do with us?" Riot asked him as the elevator door opened and the trio entered

"I guess you'll find out..." Axle sighed with a hint of pain in his voice as he pressed the button to go to the ground floor, "...just whatever happens trust me."

——————————————————————————