I cant breathe.

His hand grips my hair and tugs. I protest, fighting his grip with loud sobs. I'm five seconds away from letting him do whatever he wants.

"Get off me!" I raise my voice, ignoring the beating of my heart. I knee his stomach, earning a loud groan from him. I pull the gun away from him, smacking the side of his head with it.

I immediately stand up, almost tripping while attempting to walk backwards. He curses loudly, calling me a whore and bullshit I don't care about.

I run towards the door before he could make a move. As soon as I hold the handle, the door opens— but It wasn't me who opened it.

"Hello there." An unfamiliar guy smiles, I've never seen him around. "Dante was right, you are a whore." He seethes, reaching out to hold my waist.

I yell loudly, which turns into a groan when he slams me against the wall. His hands roam my entire body while I scream so loudly— but it's useless. You can't hear anything from down here.

I'm screaming my lungs out, but no one's listening.

"I'd like to have fun with you first." He laughs.

I fight his tight grip on my wrist, feeling pain run through my entire body. I want to drown.

"Catalina?" That voice, that voice is my salvation. I immediately turn my head around, allowing the tears to cascade down my neck and chest.

Not even two seconds later, Nico's in front of me. He grabs the collar of the guy holding onto me, slamming him against the wall. A groan of pain and shock escapes him.

He punches Nico's nose, which is the last thing I see before I fall to the floor.

The entire universe is against me.

I sob heavily, dropping my head to my knees.

Sometimes I sit and wonder what I deserved to go through all of this. I'm not the best person, but I'm not cruel. Yet, this never stops. It goes on and on, because of one person.

Dante.

He's not here anymore, but he's still finding ways to ruin my entire life.

I asked my dad not to speak about the whole Dante situation to anyone— but now, I think I want him to more than anything.

I don't know how long I've shut out the sounds of groans and screams, added with curses— and at one point a bullet goes off.

My thoughts stop running when all I hear is heavy breathing and light grunts. I tense when I feel a presence slump down on the floor next to me, leaning against the wall as well.

"I'm listening." Is all the voice says, Nico.

I lift my head up, almost gagging when I stare at the two lifeless bodies in front of me. I don't bother looking at Nico, I don't want to.

Tell him, you have nothing to loose.

I wipe my tears, breathing heavily. "Before we dated, right after I broke up with Dante, he— um." I roll my tongue in the inside of my cheek, not wanting to relive that moment. "He— raped me." My voice goes quiet.

Nico's head immediately flies in my direction, I could see it in the corner of my eye. He doesn't say anything— he lets me finish.

"He came back the day you told me you loved me— while I was in the bathroom." My voice cracks. "I was stupidly practicing how I'd say it to you." A painful yet quiet laugh escapes me.

"Then he came out of nowhere," I swallow the lump in my throat, wondering if Nico even cares, or if he's still listening.

"The reason I said what I said, was because he threatened me, and not with just the tape of us—" he doesn't speak, still waiting for me to finish.

But I can't finish, it hurts. I try to stop it, but I can't, I sob loudly— unintentionally dropping my head against his arm.

The side of my head is leaning against his arm while I sob loudly. "I'm sorry," I say. "I'm so fucking sorry, I didn't want to— I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I repeat through sobs and sniffles.

My whole body tenses when I feel the arm I'm laying on move. And for a second, I think he's pushing me off— not until he throws it over my shoulder, pulling me against his clothed chest.

"Catalina," He whispers, "deep breaths with me, match my heart beat." His comforting voice whispers as I lay my head deeper against his chest, listening to his heart beat erratically in my ear.

Why's he helping? Why's he comforting me?Why's he listening? Why does he still care? Why is he filled with so much love?

I close my eyes tightly, not being able to keep them open. I want to sleep forever.

I'm holding back all the anger I feel

I'm holding back all the anger I feel. The one thing that kills me the most is how she didn't feel comfortable to tell me that from the beginning— because believe me he would've been six feet under so fucking fast.

Any hate I felt towards Lina had suddenly faded and is now replaced with hurt, I feel terrible. Yes, she hurt me— but she had no choice. Yes, she also should've told me, but— I don't know.

I don't hate her, not at all.

But I'm not ready to give her my heart.

She's laying in my arms, her eyes shut. I think she fell asleep, she sobbed, apologized, focused on her breathing then her eyes shut.

I need to wake her up so she could sleep in her bed, and not uncomfortably in my arms. She looks like she hasn't slept well— I can't wake her up.

I fight the urge to kiss her whole face, whilst placing my arm under her legs and the other behind her head. I carry her bridal style, standing up with her in my arms.

By the time I make it to Lina's room, she's still asleep. Which is surprising since she's always been a light sleeper, but this just proves how exhausted she's been.

I just wish she would've told me as soon as we got together. Maybe then, things would've been different. If she hadn't pushed me away— that day before Dante came out of nowhere, we would've been perfectly fine.

I guess she just hated the idea of loving someone like me that much— to the extent of not talking to me. That's where it all went wrong.

I carefully lay Lina down on her bed— which looks different. It wasn't like that before, I'm assuming it's new.

I pull a blanket over her, staring down at her sleeping figure, she looks so peaceful when she's asleep. Like nothing has ever harmed her.

I shut my eyes for a second, taking a deep breath. I feel tears brim in the corner of my eyes— I'm not strong, I know that. But I hate it.

I walk out of Lina's room, closing the door behind me. I really wish things would've went differently, but that's how life is, isn't it? It's unfair.

...

eyes are literally shutting gn I lobe u a lot.💘