15: l i k e

Lina is fast asleep against the jets window

The only words we had said to each other since last night were, 'Are you ready?'

Dahlia is sitting in front of me. We're having a drawing competition because that's what she wanted to do.

I take a glance at Lina who has a hoodie and sweats on, her hair is in a low bun with strands fallen off. Her side profile is so beautiful.

"What should we draw next?" I ask setting the flower drawing down, looking at dahlia with a smile.

"The prettiest thing in the word!" She giggles, grabbing another paper.

I let out a low chuckle at her enthusiasm, grabbing a paper.

The prettiest thing in the world?

Dahlia sings a song while she draws, she's the sweetest kid ever. You wouldn't be able to tell she's Leo's daughter.

For example, you take just a little glance at Lina, you could tell who her dad is.

I start drawing with the pencil. I find a lot of comfort in drawing, I used to do it all the time with my cousin Rowan. If anything, he was the one who taught me.

I just ended up falling in love with it. In a way, it's sort of healing.

I take little glances at Lina because I just can't help myself.

After a while, I set the little notepad down on my lap. Dahlia turns her paper around, showing me her drawing. "I think the universe is so so soooo pretty!" I stare at all the planets she drew, which are adorable.

I look at her admiringly. I want kids.

"Mine's a secret." I whisper, biting back my smile.

Lia groans, "You're boring." She slumps on the chair, shoving a gummy worm in her mouth.

My eyes widen. Oh god.

I don't want to remember it.

I turn my head around when I feel someone jab my chest. I stare at Lina who pulls out a pack of gum aggressively, shoving 2 in her mouth.

"There's this word you say when you hit someone on accident." Lia states in the sassiest tone, coloring her adorable universe.

Lina pulls her hair out of the bun, placing the hair tie on her wrist. "Lia, I'm going to smack you." Lina says, throwing her hair over her shoulder.