16: j e a l o u s

I know Nico is nothing like Dante, but I'm scared

"I fucking knew it!" Alana laughs, throwing her hands in the air.

"Shut up." I groan, placing beau on the kitchen counter to grab a banana for him.

Okay look, it's not like I have an obsession with him or something.

I tattooed his name behind my ear, but he doesn't need to know.

"It's nothing. There's nothing going on, okay?" I say, holding beau to feed him.

"Mhm.. sure, sure, baby." She boops my nose, walking away with a hum. It's like her house too anyway.

I roll my eyes in annoyance, walking into the living room, hearing a few familiar voices coming from it.

"Really? Cause she doesn't look like your daughter. Are you sure Reese didn't—"

"Leo, I swear to god I'm going to fuck you up. Don't talk about my daughter like that." Rowan scoffs, draping an arm over my aunt Reese's shoulder.

They have this joke because Thea, Rowan's daughter has coily ass curls when both her parents only have a few waves. But she really does look like Rowan.

"How'd you like it if I told you bella slept with another man to have dahlia, huh?" Reese kicks my dads foot, laying her head against Rowan's shoulder.

My dad gasps loudly, looking at my aunt in disbelief. "Don't say that!"

I flop on the couch next to Nico who's fixated on his phone.

They start arguing back and forth.

I feed beau the banana, rubbing the back of his ear. "Ugh my baby." I look down at him with a smile.

"Oh hey little sun." Rowan smiles at me, holding aria in his arms. She's so fucking tiny, I think she's 4 months. Either way, I hate kids but she's like my favorite.

"Please get that creatures tail away from me." Nico mutters, staring at beau's tail that's across his lap.

I let out a low chuckle, trying to move my hair out of my face. "Help me first." I demand.

He reaches out to tuck the strand of my hair behind my ear.

I roll my tongue in the inside of my cheek, meeting his eyes.

Fucking hell, his eyes are so beautiful.

"Pay up, Leo." Rowan says, pointing to us.