"Okay, I'm taking a spoonful of it to prove to you. See?" Saying this, she poured a spoonful of soup into another bowl and gulped it down . "Now, are you satisfied?"

"Whatever," you replied dismissively, extending your hand, and she handed you the bowl filled with soup with a gentle smile. "Now, can you tell me where I am?" you asked, taking a spoonful of soup and gulping it but squeezed your eyes as it was painful to even drink or eat anything.

''Are you ok miss?''

''Do i look like ok to you?''

''Oh sorry, sorry.'' she said bowing.

''I asked you something before''

''You're in the Jeon Mansion, miss. I'm Lara, I work as a maid here. Sir Taehyung and Jimin brought you here last night. You were unconscious at the time," Lara explained gently.

"Jeon Mansion... unconscious?," you furrowed your brows. Suddenly, the pieces starting to fall into place. As the realization dawned, the spoon fell from your hand into the bowl. Memories of the previous night flooded your mind causing your eyes to widened : the ominous black cars chasing after you, your desperate escape from the goons, sneaking into the club, and then meeting Jungkook. wait... Jungkook...

As your mind flashed back to the moment when Jungkook attempted to choke you, disbelief coursed through you. "He... he tried to... to kill me. i passed out because he almost choked me to death," you managed to utter with widened eyes, the words tinged with incredulity. Never in your wildest imagination had you expected Jungkook to act in such a manner. "But why? Why would he want to kill me?"

The maid's gentle voice broke through your thoughts, drawing your attention. "If you don't mind, Miss, I want to ask you something," she said hesitantly.

"Yeah?" you responded, turning your focus to her.

"What did you do to make Sir Jeon Jungkook this angry?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You see, I know that Young Master Jeon looks dangerous and scary, but he never harms a person without reason, especially women. So, that's why I'm curious. What did you possibly do to make him this angry that he almost choked you to death?"

"I myself don't know why he behaved like that," you said in a low voice while looking at your lap.

"Well, it's really strange then."

"What?" your focus again turned towards her.

"Well, the thing is, Young Master Jungkook has always been quite cold and rude. But he used to be much livelier before. Maybe because he used to have some interest in something or someone, we don't know. But lately, for the past month, he's become much colder, ruder, and, on top of that, empty."

Your frowned as she explained further. "We were always afraid of him. We were even terrified to come in front of him because no one knows when he'll get angry and shoot you in the head. But now, his anger is uncontrollable. Honestly, It seems like he's lost interest in life. He's become kind of empty, like a guy who lives just because he's alive. So, I wonder, what part of you made him this angry that he was about to kill you?" she asked in the end.

Listening to her words, your mind flashed to the memory when Jungkook said that you remind him of Y/N. "Do he actually remember me? Did he try to kill me because I remind him of Lee Y/N? Does he hate me that much that even just a mere thought about me makes him that mad that he was about to kill someone? But why he hates me (Y/N) that much? It's not like it did anything wrong with him in the past. It was him who abandoned me without even a single goodbye. Huh... who cares if he hates me. The feeling is mutual anyway." you thought in your mind.

"Mam, wait, where are you going? You are not fine right now," the maid panicked as you put the bowl on the nightstand and rose from the bed.

"I'm going home," you replied. There is no way in the world you are going to stay there for one more second. So, you quickly put on your shoes and headed outside the room.

"Mam, wait. Mam, listen please..." the panicking maid rushed towards you seeing you going out.

_______________________

Soojin was sprawled on the couch, munching on her snacks, when her phone suddenly rang. She paused the TV and glanced at the caller ID, a smirk creeping onto her lips as she saw Emily's number flashing on the screen. With a hint of amusement, she answered the call.

"What's up, girl? Is the job done? That bitch is out of the picture now, right?" she asked with a twisted grin.

"Soojin, we've got a problem," Emily's voice sounded tense on the other end.

Soojin's smirk faded into a frown. "What happened?"

"That bitch Jin Ae, she managed to escape somehow. They couldn't find her anywhere."

Soojin's eyes widened in disbelief. "But how? How did this happen?"

"They told me her car ran out of fuel, and then she vanished. Like she disappeared into thin air. They've searched everywhere, but no luck."

"Oh no, what will we do now, Emily?"

"Don't worry, this isn't our only chance. We'll have plenty more opportunities in the future. Plus, I've got a plan right now."

"What is it?" Soojin's curiosity piqued as Emily outlined her scheme over the phone. Soojin's eyes sparkled with anticipation, and the twisted smirk returned to her face. After Emily finished explaining, she hung up, and Soojin resumed watching TV, a wicked grin playing on her lips as she muttered to herself.

''Now you are doomed big sis''

***************************************************************************************

hey lovely readers! did you like it. please share your response by votes and comments🥺

borahe 💜💜💜💜💜