Chapter 9

Please, ignore mistakes🙏

Third person p.o.v -

A sudden surge of anger and resentment swept over you as you locked eyes with the person in front of you. Your hands trembled, and you instinctively clenched them into tight fists that your knuckles turned white. Tears welled up in your eyes, not fueled by pain but by an overwhelming rage burning deep within.

It wasn't a moment of weakness; cause you are not a crybaby nor you are weak. It was just the moment was too overwhelming for you. And memories from the past weren't helping at all. Jungkook noticed your distress, his gaze narrowing as he watched you closely.

"Hey, Jin Ae, are you alright?" David's voice broke through your haze as your face got pale, his hand resting on your shoulder with concern written all over his face. But you couldn't focus on his words, your attention fixed solely on the person before you, consumed by intense dislike.

"I... I'm not feeling well," you managed to say before swiftly turning and retreating into the mansion. 

 ''Please don't mind her she just got consciousness from her coma so....'' David tried to explain your condition, and Taehyung offered understanding with a reassuring smile.

"We get it, Mr. Han. No worries," Taehyung said. David invited them inside to leave the tension behind and find comfort within the mansion's walls.

You stormed into your room, the door slamming shut with a resounding thud. "Calm down, Y/N, just breathe," you muttered to yourself, trying to rein in your emotions. "Why am I letting this get to me? It's all in the past."

Sinking onto the edge of your bed, you reached for a glass of water, taking slow sips to steady your nerves. "Maybe he doesn't even remember me," you whispered, the sadness evident in your voice. Not gonna lie but this fact did hurt you to some point but maybe it was for the best. Right?

"Well, if he doesn't remember me, that's probably a blessing," you admitted, a bitter edge creeping into your words. "I'm not exactly itching to rekindle old flames. In fact, it'd be a relief if our paths never crossed again. After everything that had happened, our relationship amounted to less than nothing anyway."

_____________________________

The meeting concluded on a positive note, sealing the deal between the two companies. 'I hope everything goes well, Mr. Jeon. I assure you that our employees will work hard and won't let you down,' David said, extending his hand for a handshake, while Jungkook simply hummed in response accepting the gesture.

 As Jungkook, Taehyung, and Jimin prepared to leave, Jimin's attention was drawn to Soojin standing outside of the meeting room.

"Hey guys, go ahead. I'll catch up with you later. I have some business to take care of," Jimin announced, making his way towards Soojin as Jungkook and Taehyung departed.

"What brings you here, Soojin?"

"Perhaps I'm waiting for you. You haven't given me an answer to my proposal yet. Did you talk to Mr. Jeon about making me his girlfriend?" she asked, her tone flirtatious.

"As I've said before, and I'll say it again,he isn't interested in you. so it would be better if you back off. You should understand that."

"That's not gonna happen," she retorted through gritted teeth.

"Sure, whatever," he replied, turning to leave. However, he paused, recalling something. "Hey... what's going on with your sister? She acted strangely back there."

"Oh, about that? Don't pay much attention to her. She's just a worthless sl*t who sleeps around with every guy she sees, she just does all that drama to get guy's attention" she said dismissively.