chapter-15

Please, ignore mistakes🙏-

Third person p.o.v-

Soojin stepped through the grand entrance of the mansion, a rare sense of optimism buoying her spirits. Today held the promise of potential liberation from the shadow of her sister, a thought that ignited a flicker of hope within her. As she crossed the threshold into the living room, her eyes alighted upon David and Hana, engrossed in conversation.

Surveying the spacious expanse of the mansion, Soojin noted your absence with a palpable sense of relief. The clock's hands pointed to 8 pm, yet you had not returned, and your absence brought her relief. Still, a nagging doubt lingered, prompting her to seek reassurance from her parents.

"Hey, Mom, Dad," Soojin greeted, her voice tinged with cheerfulness.

"Soojin, darling, come here. How was your day?" Her mother's inquired

"Good, Mom, just the usual," 

"Wait, your face looks bruised. How did this happen? Did someone bully you?" David's voice carried a hint of anger and concern as his eyes landed on the bruises on her face. Soojin bit her lip, recalling the scenario where she was beaten by you.

"Yeah, Soojin, how did this happen? What was the principal doing? I'm going to talk to him right away," Hana exclaimed, reaching for the phone to call the principal. However, Soojin swiftly snatched it from her.

"Oh, no, Mom, it's nothing like that," Soojin quickly interjected, weaving a fabrication to shield herself from potential repercussions. "Actually, I slipped on the stairs, and that's how I got these bruises." She concealed the truth, knowing that revealing of the fight would only land her in trouble. There was no way her parents would believe that their innocent, kind-hearted daughter Jin Ae could be involved in fight. If she disclosed what happened at the university, she'd likely be blamed for everything, a scenario she desperately wished to avoid.

"But, looking at these bruises, it doesn't seem like you fell from the stairs. Did someone bully you? You don't have to be scared, you know you can share with us," Hana expressed her concern.

"Mom, I'm telling the truth. Why in the world would I lie to you guys? Really, I fell from the stairs; that's how I got hurt."

"You should be more careful, dear. Always watch your step," David cautioned, her tone tinged with concern.

"Don't worry, Dad, I'm perfectly fine. These are just minor scratches. By the way, where's Jin Ae, sis? I haven't seen her around. Did she go somewhere?"

"Oh, yes, she's staying over at a friend's house for the night. Isn't that nice? She's finally settling in," 

A wicked smirk crept across Soojin's face upon hearing this. "Yes, Dad, it's indeed nice. Very nice." With a nod of acknowledgment, Soojin made her way towards the stairs, her smirk betraying a hidden agenda as she ascended to her room.

___________________________

A piercing shriek escaped your lips as your gaze fell upon his shirt, now drenched in crimson. The fear instilled by the looming presence of those goons and the dimness of the room had masked his condition until now. With their departure, you finally noticed his state.

Examining him closely, it was evident that the blood on his shirt did not belong to him. There wasn't a single mark on his body, except for the bruised knuckles. "If it's not his blood, then whose is it?" The question reverberated in your mind.