Chapter 4

Ignore mistakes please🙏

Third person p.o.v-

The sound of slow beeping was echoing in the room. The ECG monitor showing the regular heartbeat of the person who lying on the bed in an unconscious state. An IV is attached to her left hand providing essential nutrients to her body. The faint smell of phenyl and medicines was there in the room indicating that it was a hospital.

Suddenly the steady beeping sound changed into an irregular one and the girl on the bed started to breathe heavily. with a loud gasp, she opened her eyes. A nurse quickly entered, noticing the change, and seeing the patient eyes open her eyes widened. She dashed out of the room to call the doctor.

The girl sat upright on the bed, her movements unhindered despite the memory of the brutal impact with the car lingering in her mind. As she inspected her body, she couldn't help but be astonished. Not a single injury marked her skin, not even the faintest bruise. How was it possible? The collision had been vivid in her memory, yet her body bore no evidence of harm.

"I... I'm alive..." she murmured to herself, the words sounding more like a question than a statement. Doubt and confusion clouded her thoughts. "But how? Was it also a dream, just like the previous one?" she wondered aloud, her voice tinged with disbelief. "But if it was a dream, then why did the pain I felt seem so real?Aaaahhh... What is happening with you, Y/N?"

Yes, that girl was none other, but you.

You scanned the room, your gaze falling upon the calendar, and a wave of astonishment washed over you. You took out the IV from your hand before standing up and going towards the wall to the calendar There it was, the date displayed boldly: 20-02-2024. Your heart skipped a beat as you realized the significance. Your accident had occurred on 25-02-2024. The realization hit you like a ton of bricks – you had regained consciousness five days after the accident. And not only that, but you were completely unharmed, not a scratch to be found. It was almost too incredible to believe, yet there it was, staring back at you from the calendar, a tangible confirmation of the miraculous turn of events.

The questions swirled in your mind, echoing the confusion that gripped your thoughts. "How... how can this be possible?" you whispered with disbelief. "This doesn't even make any sense." Your gaze shifted to the hospital gown you were wearing, a stark reminder of the reality of the accident. "I'm wearing a hospital gown, it's undeniable proof that I really got into the accident... Then how come I don't have a single injury?" 

The door creaked open, and a hushed silence fell over the room as the doctor entered, accompanied by a nurse, an elderly couple, and a young girl. Tears glistened in the eyes of the couple and the girl, their emotions palpable in the tense atmosphere. The doctor, usually composed and professional, stood frozen in the doorway, his expression a mixture of shock and disbelief at the sight before him – you, standing in the room, looking completely healthy despite the circumstances that had brought you here.

Suddenly, you found yourself enveloped in a bone-crushing hug from a young girl. "Thank goodness you're awake," the elderly couple also joined the embrace, leaving you utterly astonished by the outpouring of love and concern.

"It's truly miraculous," the doctor exclaimed, his voice filled with astonishment and wonder. "We nearly lost all hope, unsure if you would ever awaken. Your body seemed to have resigned itself to never waking up coma, yet here you are, after five long months. It's nothing short of a miracle."

 Wait a minute, did he just say five months?Five months? Is he crazy? You had an accident just five days before, how could it possibly be five months? And another thing, who are these people hugging you like they know you or something? Because you don't even know them.

''wait a minute, I think you are misunderstanding me with someone else. who are you guys I don't know you''. you said slightly pushing them from you while their mouth hung open hearing your statement. 

"Darling, what on earth are you saying? I'm your mother," the elderly lady exclaimed, her expression clouded with confusion. "And over there," she gestured towards her husband and the young girl beside him, "that's your father, and she's your sister." You stood there, utterly bewildered by the unexpected revelation.

"You're all misunderstanding something... I don't have a family," you interjected politely, though the confusion and hurt in their eyes didn't escape your notice.

Turning to the doctor with concern etched on his face, the middle-aged man pleaded, "Doctor, what is she saying? Why can't she recognize us?"

You shook your head and walked towards the exit to get out of the room. You were about to open the door but stopped when you saw a beautiful girl staring back at you from the other side of the glass on the door. you opened the door but to your surprise, no one was there. you frowned and closed the door again but saw the girl again.

  As you opened your mouth to speak, you noticed that the girl in the reflection did the same. You furrowed your brows, and to your surprise, the girl in the reflection mimicked your expression exactly.

''What the heck is she doing'' You thought. Suddenly your eyes caught something, you saw the elderly couple and the girl along with the nurse and doctor outside of the room through the glass window of the door. They were standing behind that girl looking at her back. You turned and saw them looking at you already. 

How could they be in the room and outside the door at the same time? The perplexing thought churned in your mind until a sudden realization struck like lightning. Your hand moved instinctively, and in the reflection, the girl mimicked the action precisely. Heart racing, you touched your forehead, and the girl mirrored your movement flawlessly. That's when the realization hit you. It wasn't a glass window.....

But a damn mirror.....And that girl you were seeing in the glass was your reflection.

That means-

''You are in someone else body''

"Wh... What... WHAT IS HAPPENING? WHO IS SHE?" you exclaimed, your hand instinctively reaching for your face. Your breath came in uneven, shallow gasps as fear tightened its grip on your heart. The realization hit you like a ton of bricks; you couldn't wrap your head around it. How was it possible that you'd been in an accident and now after five days you found yourself in someone else's body?

"Darling, what's wrong?" the lady asked, concern evident in her tone as she placed a hand on your shoulder, which you quickly jerked away. "WHO ARE YOU? WHAT... WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME? WHO THE HECK IS THIS GIRL?" you shouted, pointing toward the mirror, your voice trembling with disbelief and confusion.

The lady frowned and said ''Dear, what kind of question is this of course it's you. You are our daughter HAN JIN AE''.

This can't be possible. This is just too much to digest. how do you suppose to believe something shitty like this? This doesn't even make any sense.

Your world turned upside down in an instant, a sharp pang seizing your chest. Overwhelmed by the sudden agony, you sank to your knees, clutching your chest in an attempt to quell the unbearable pain.

"DARLING, WHAT'S WRONG" the man, whom you were supposed to believe was your father, rushed to your side in a panic, his voice laced with concern. He crouched down to your level, his hand gently gripping your shoulder in an attempt to offer support.

''i.... I ca.... can't breathe'' you said with great difficulty.

"Please step aside, I think she's having a panic attack," the doctor exclaimed urgently. He signaled to the nurse, who nodded in understanding, swiftly preparing an anesthesia injection. With practiced precision, she administered the injection as your condition deteriorated rapidly. Soon, the world around you began to blur, your eyelids growing heavy as you drifted into the depths of unconsciousness.

''Unaware of the danger which is waiting for you.....''

**************************************************************************************

"Hello, lovely readers! Brace yourselves for the grand entrance of your favorite character—no need for introductions✋, you already know whom I'm talking about😎😉😉.