"Looks like it is over." I said and she immediately jumped up in excitement.

I walked towards the oven and opened the door. I tested it using the knife, whether it is cooked or not passing it through the center.

When it felt like it cooked properly, I walked to the cabin to bring the oven glove. However, when I turned I saw that Ayesha was about to touch the cake.

"Ayesha, no!" I said, rushing near her and closed the door of the oven moving her away.

Nonetheless, then I felt the hot liquid falling on my arm, and I screamed with burning sensation.

Ayesha got scared and started crying. At the same time, Sudhir entered the kitchen asking, "What happened?"

"She was about to touch the cake, but the cake was too hot..." I started saying.

"What? Ayesha, don't you know that you should stay away from the kitchen." He said scolding her.

"It is not her mistake." I whispered.

"You should have really kept an eye on her, Nisha. She is just a kid so at least you need to be responsible." He said raising his voice.

"Ayesha, go to your room." I said and she nodded, walking away mumbling 'Burned'.

"What is she saying?" He asked me frowning.

"She is saying 'burned'." I replied, trying to move my hand which is beside me.

"She got hurt? You should have told me Nisha." He said and rushed out of the kitchen walking inside her room.

I sighed and slowly walked towards the tap. I ran the water on it and just bit my lip holding the pain.

I then covered it with some curd hoping the bubbles will not appear on it. I switched off the oven plug and walked inside my room feeling a little dizzy.

I lay on my bed and just drifted off into sleep hoping to forget the burn feeling.

*Sudhir Pov*

"Ayesha! Where did you get hurt?" I asked her worriedly entering the room.

"It was not her mistake..." She said between hiccups.

I brushed her tears away and said, "I know! But tell me where you got hurt."

"I didn't!" She said frowning.

"Then why did you say 'Burned'?" I asked her frowning.

"She got burned." She replied frowning.

"She got?" I asked her shocked, and she nodded.

"Ok! You remain in your room. I will see it." I said and walked outside the room.

When I went inside the kitchen, I saw that she is not here. I walked back inside my room and took the aloe vera gel from my cupboard.

Then I walked towards her room and knocked. But when she didn't open the door, I slowly opened it and saw that she is sleeping.

I went near her and saw a patch already reddening. I felt so guilty not asking her whether she is all right.

"Nisha!" I whispered and she slowly opened her eyes.

"Shall I apply this? It will be cold." I said and she just frowned at me.

"I applied curd." She said and then I saw that she did.

"I will clean it a little and apply it." I said cleaning the curd with the napkin on the bed.