⁶¹, CHANGE THE LAWS

𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄.
chapter sixty-one; Change The Laws
" I'll love you for the rest of my life. Even after then. "

  EVERYTHING WAS IN place for Elspeth and Demetre to set out for Scotland

EVERYTHING WAS IN place for Elspeth and Demetre to set out for Scotland. Their luggage had been packed and loaded into a carriage and Demetre was nearly done putting everything in place for his leave.

Elspeth had already made her rounds; she'd visited Kenna, Lola, Mary, and Louis, and was now sitting with the woman she would until Demetre arrived.

"Your wedding will be lovely."

"We are not yet engaged, Catherine."

"You are traveling to your family for their blessing," Catherine said bluntly, "There is little point in postponing anything, Elspeth."

She sighed, smoothing out the skirt of her dress.

"A month from your return to France, how about that? I'll get everything in line for it."

"I must speak with Demetre on the matter--"

"You're still scared to be married."

Elspeth opened her mouth to argue, furrowing her brow in disagreement.

"I love Demetre."

"I never said you did not," Catherine said simply, tilting her head, "I only noticed that you have not jumped into marriage with the man you do love. And prior to others meddling, you didn't seem to mind waiting on your wedding to Bash."

Elspeth pursed her lips.

"I am not scared to be married," She said simply, tilting her chin up, "I only wish not to rush Demetre."

Catherine scoffed out a laugh.

"You're a very bright girl, darling. Denial does not suit you."

Elspeth scowled the way a child one, crossing her arms across her chest just as Demetre Langlois rounded a corner.

"I'm not in denial," Elspeth whispered, standing to greet Demetre.

"Oh?" Catherine questioned, standing as well, "Demetre!"

"Catherine," Elspeth tried.

"Elspeth and I were speaking of when the two of you would be wed," Catherine said, plastering a smile on her face as Demetre grew closer, "One month from your return. I'll get everything set for the two of you."

"Elspeth may wish to have her own say in our wedding," Demetre said, raising a brow, "Perhaps she can plan it with your assistance."

"But the date, you've no trouble with it?"

"As long as that is something Elspeth has agreed to, and not your own ideas."

Catherine smiled, looking to Elspeth expectantly.