CH: 21

Seungcheol

“Seungcheol?” I turned to look at my mom. “Did you talk to Heesung about the preparations? I think Nishita’s relatives will reach in two hours?” I knew mom was stressing, I walked towards her and cupped her face, “Stop stressing maa, I already talked with Heesung and I talked with Nishita’s parents as well about it. And since Nishita’s family came with us, they are just checking few things and unpacking their things right now so if you want me to confirm with them once again, I will do it.” She heaved a sigh, “I am so stressed”

“Maa” I made her sit on the bed, “Sit and calm down for a second” I was searching for water, I walked towards the nightstand then poured water into the glass, and gave it to her. “Now, stop stressing, rituals are starting from tomorrow and if you keep on stressing like this then how will this work?” she smiled at me, “It’s my son’s wedding how could I not stress?”

“Don’t stress and try to enjoy maa” I cupped her face and smiled at her. I heard a knock at the door and turned to look at dad. “What is the mother-son duo talking about?” I just smiled at him, I walked towards him, “Glad you came here, now take care of maa. I have a few things to check.”

“Love you maa” I told her and left.
I went towards the garden and saw Jeonghan, I was about to walk towards him and then saw Noor and Heesung joining him. They looked happy, I wondered what were they talking about. I saw one more girl joining them, I never saw her. She hugged Noor and all of them looked so happy, I wondered where’s Nishi.

I thought to join them, I walked towards them. “What are you guys doing?”

“Seungcheol” Jeonghan gave me a side hug, “we were just talking”, “Oh Seungcheol” I turned to look at Noor, “meet her, she’s our other lifeline, Ity”

“Hi Ity” she gave her hand for a handshake, “Hi” and she smiled.
“Heesung, did you get to know when would be the guests arriving?”

“I managed them all, don’t worry and it’s evening so enjoy till tomorrow morning since everything’s gonna start from tomorrow.” And then he reminded me of everything.

*********
Nishita

“Are you ready?” I turned to look at Noor, and then at the mirror. I nodded and gave her a tight smile. She came towards me and hugged me tight. “You look so pretty.” I saw Ity entering my room with Ayushi. “Goddamn pretty lady, you look so beautiful” Ayushi almost ran to me and hugged me tight, followed by Ity who hugged me and I almost choked.

“Let’s go downstairs, everyone’s waiting for us.” I nodded at Noor’s words.

I looked at myself for the last time, I was wearing a green lehenga that had embroidery work, my hair was done into a half braid, and putting flowers there was Noor’s idea.

Noor held my hand and we started walking, I almost didn’t sleep last night because all the relatives were coming to meet me every second and some of them came in the morning, everything was making me so anxious and made me almost lose my sleep.

“Nishita, everything’s gonna be okay.” I barely nodded at her words, because at this point the things I was feeling, no one could understand, doesn’t matter how much I scream or try to tell anyone. I didn’t meet Seungcheol yesterday and today we met for a few seconds and then his bua came and took him away. It felt like even if I wanted to try to talk to him but there was no use.