CH: 5

Nishita

I sighed while I was waiting for Noor to come, the café looked peaceful and that’s why I like it whenever we meet here.

I closed my eyes for a moment and somehow my mind went towards Seungcheol and our first meeting after we agreed to get married.

The whole meeting was a mixed feeling, how could he say those words like that, do they even hold meaning? I was lost in his words, I could say he was trying his best and maybe I was the one who wanted to shut him off. The fact, that this marriage is simply business and there’s no love and spending my life with someone I don’t even love and barely know, was giving me a thought of relief…? Was I okay? Absolutely not, why? Because people would die to marry their loved ones and be happy but look at me?

Well, when did things ever go my way? I was on my own, here as well, addition of Seungcheol in my life? What difference would it make? If I think about it then it will add the responsibilities of a wife.

‘I know we don’t know each other and this marriage is definitely not the ideal but if you are willing to be married to me, I hope you know you’d not be alone. We are marrying without will and love but I want to tell you, we can be there for eachother.’

I wasn’t even willing to marry anyone but then I was reminded of what my mother told me, ‘This is the only way you can leave this house and marriage was another reason why I kept you here and didn’t let you go’ She never made sense to me and it was the most absurd thing to ever say, how could she tell this with a straight face?

And then she calls herself ‘my mother’ and ‘her rights’ on what I should do and want to do?

“Nishita!!” I looked up and saw Noor standing infront of me, she smiled at me and I melted instantly there. I got up from my seat and hugged her tight, “Awww” I tightened my grip, the moment she hugged me back. It felt like I didn’t care about anything anymore at least right now, I could be ‘me’ and she was the only thing I needed right now. “Did you miss me that much?” her words were the softest thing that I heard today. I nodded; without realizing I was starting to tear up. I don’t cry in public, I reminded myself but nothing could help me right now, I was trying to stop my tears, even though my eyes were closed. I could feel the moment I let go of her right now it would be a mess. “Nishita” I took a deep breath, not letting her go, “Nishi” her voice sounded so fragile just like I was just now.

She parted the hug, and I still didn’t open my eyes, she held my cheeks, “Don’t cry please” I took a deep breath and opened my eyes, tears falling down, she was quick to wipe them off, “Don’t cry please” she looked like she would break anytime; I know her, she can’t see me cry, that’s her weakness. I nodded and smiled.

She sat infront of me and looked at me, “Let’s get something to drink first and then we will talk.” I nodded and, after deciding, I ordered drinks for us.

“So, how are you right now?” she looked at me, her eyes well telling me a lot of things, it was only her who knew what turmoil was going on inside me. It was her whom I was texting yesterday before I saw Seungcheol.

‘he is not late, I was the one who arrived early because I needed myself out of that place asap’ Before she could reply I looked up and I saw Seungcheol standing, if I wasn’t wrong. he was looking at me intensely which was making me nervous and then threw me into overthinking which I didn’t want at least now. I heard him say “Hi” and the moment I spoke, my smile almost died down, it wasn’t because of Seungcheol, it was because, he reminded me of what happened with me for the past few days. I still didn’t know if it was Seungcheol who wanted to get married willingly or something. I put my thoughts aside, and greeted him back.