CH: 12

Nishita

Work was usual but the stress because of the wedding was making me tense and so pressurized. Somewhere I could say my colleagues were interested in me because they saw my ring in November. They were curious when they first noticed the next day after my engagement. I just told them that I got engaged and I didn’t want them to bother me further. I wasn’t comfortable discussing my whole private life with them. I could tell my friend who was a little close to me in my department or else it’s not really worth and there was no reason to flaunt about getting married. When the time comes, I will let them know about the wedding but not now because the way they were treating me because I am engaged was the reason, I wasn’t telling them.

‘oh my god, Nishita you’re getting married in a few months’

‘oh my god Nishita it’s already January what about shopping and all, how’s your fiancé doing?’

‘what about your pre-wedding photoshoots? Where are you guys going?’ sometimes I cursed myself, why did I even wear the engagement ring to my workplace? My boss never told me anything but these few people were annoying and draining me each day. I wanted an off day soon but that soon actually arrived soon.

Right now, I was getting ready because I had to go out and check the dresses and my wedding shopping. I still couldn’t believe I was shopping for myself rather than shopping for another’s wedding.

“Nishita~” I turn to look at Noor, she’s early like usual. “You’re ready yet?” I shook my head, “just need to get my coats that’s it”

“Okay, I will go and check on aunty as well” I sighed and nodded. Considering Noor would be with me, so hoping mom wouldn’t start any argument with me or make me upset with her words. I looked in the mirror and felt pretty. I like winter because I don’t need to care about how will my skin burn if I go out in the sun or anything. Since Delhi always has extreme weather, the summers are horrible, I still don’t like the summer season in Delhi but winters are for me. and my love for coats was something.

I looked at my wristwatch and went out of my room, I went down to see my dad reading a newspaper. I went to sit beside him, “are you ready?” I nodded, although I was ready to go out but I wasn’t still ready for my wedding which was next month, the thought of getting married was scaring me; marriage is still something which scared me, and the words Seungcheol said on New Year were somewhere lingering inside me, somewhere I wanted to believe but I knew what would happen if I believed him, he would break me into pieces and I would be left nowhere. It was difficult for me to find myself again and I don’t want to lose myself again just because I am getting married and I have to believe everything my husband says.

Trusting someone is like giving them a chance to break yourself.

“Nishita- oh you’re already here?” I nodded at my mom’s words, she seemed to be in a good mood. Well looks like Noor’s magic worked on her as she was smiling at her.

“Let’s go?” I nodded. My dad gave me a brief hug and I took my car keys from the table and went to wear my boots. Winter season means it’s boots season for me.

Three of us got into the car, dad told us, our driver could take us but I refused, I told him I wanted to drive. Driving was my way to release my stress and work had been stressful especially for the last two weeks. “Enter the address, it would be better for me.”

Mom gave the address to Noor and she entered the address, once it was set I started driving. I played songs to feel better. Mom started talking with Noor about the wedding and about Udaipur, I took a quick glance at Noor, she looked so happy. I remember we wanted to go to Udaipur at least once, together.