The best I can do I watch over you /skipper

He glances towards the room at the far end of the corridor, a place he doesn’t dare enter. It looks different, the tiles no longer checkered, the walls now a pale blue, but it holds the moment his entire world shattered. Harry will never forget the doctor’s explanation for it, the drunken driver, slick roads, ultimately nothing he could do. He should feel relief; the doctor spoke the words as though it were possible. They didn’t feel a thing.

Harry shakes his head, the same he did that night. The silent tears fell down his cheeks that night and for months following. He never thought about the possibility of death before that night. And there he was, his two best mates gone and the rest barely pieced together, remains left for Harry to bear.

The image of Louis’ body, strapped into the hospital bed, is the hardest to remember. But now, Louis pulls on his arm, shaking him off the memory. His laughter resounds, unfamiliar down the empty hall. Harry knows too well that this isn’t the place for it, but Louis doesn’t understand that anymore as Harry looks to him.

And just as they told Harry that fateful night, Louis never will again.

Tags: TW ⚠️
Death, mayor characters death, cannon complaint sort of, accident, brain injury, Louis is so sick and H is his caregiver.
Sad ending.

💔😭☠️🥺⭐