Head in the dust, feet in the fire (waiting on that morning sun) /bravestyles

Slowly but surely, her only source of happiness becomes Harry.

They become closer than what's healthy for either of them. Harry has nightmares, so when Louis' not over, Helen sleeps in his small, cramped bed with him. He refuses to shower without her in the bathroom with him (“I'm scared you're going to leave me when I'm in there,” he confesses one night). They become one unit, never too far apart from one another. Helen even picks him up from school everyday for lunch because if she doesn't, Harry will throw himself in a full blown panic attack that not even Louis can fix, only her.

That's where things start to go bad. Harry becomes Helen's everything and more. She stops sleeping in Harry's bed just when he has nightmares and starts sleeping with him every night. He cuddles in close, always choosing to shove his cheek against her breast. Harry's sad, too, so he welcomes the extra affection. Until it becomes too much.

or,
From a young age, Harry was sexually abused by his mother, Helen. This is the aftermath.

Tags: TW!!!
this is not for everyone there is a lot of angst, abuse and mental health issues
This can possibly trigger someone, so be careful with the tags, a lot of hurt, depression, anxiety attacks, it's a really tough one, there's abuse for many years and after that another episode, none of it is graphic but it is tough to read.
It has a good ending (not a happy one)  and the story is super well written.