Chapter 25: Find Wanda

Start from the beginning

I quickly run around them to the door and blast it open with purple energy. At least I would assume it's energy. Whatever this is, it is strong and might save my ass here. Before I can turn into a direction, I hear steps on my left side and spin around, seeing six men approaching me, Cole behind them, looking furious.

"How did you get the power stone?" He asks, not hiding his anger.

"Luck?" I answer and shot a purple wave into their direction. It makes a few of them fall and the rest stumbles a bit.

"You can't handle that, you're not strong enough!" He almost yells but this time, it doesn't effect me. Maybe because I am more focused on what I'm doing than on what he's saying.

"Looks different." I reply and use both my hands to create a huge, purple ball that I shoot into his direction.
This time it knocks everyone off their feet, even Cole and they fall to the ground, probably unconscious.

But other than before, I now feel a tingle on my chest and look down. My eyes widen.
Something in my chest, underneath my suit shines purple. I touch my chest and feel a weird energy coming from there. What is this?

But before I can get further into it, I hear more steps and turn around, seeing another set of six men approaching me. All of them hold up guns, pointing them at me. The first ones start firing and I raise my arms to use them as a shield for my head. It creates a swirl of purple, making the bullets fall to the ground and the guns explode, startling me and the men. Woah, what was that?

But I still don't have time to think about it and stretch out my arms, making the first two men float before I throw them harshly into the four behind them, knocking them down like bowling pins. Since they also don't get up again, I assume they are knocked out for now. But where to go now?

I look down the hallway into both directions. I know Cole was looking for the stone and I doubt that Wanda is held somewhere there because I would have noticed a cell door. The other direction then.

I step over the men on the ground and walk the way they were coming from. Here are less doors in the hallway and the light shifts a bit, becoming more blue, but maybe I'm just imagining that.
There are also less crossing, none to be exact. That makes it easier.

I follow the hallways a bit longer, not meeting anymore guards. I stop in front of a cell door that's open. I glance inside but it's empty, unsurprisingly.
But I notice a few of Wanda's clothes in there and my heart starts to beat faster. This is Wanda's cell and since she didn't cross my way, she has to be somewhere here! It can't be far, I can feel it. Not in the sense that there is a pull, more like an instinct I guess.

Opposite there is a door labeled 'bathroom' but since no one is in front of it, I assume that's not where Wanda is. I walk further and round a corner, spotting another door down the hallway. This door is guarded by two men, bingo.

They look into my direction, not seeming very surprised to see me, so I guess they were informed already. They point their guns at me but with a wave of my hand, they fly out of their hands and break on the ground. I continue to approach them and now they are coming into my direction too. I don't want to fully rely on the power I seem to have gained, so I close my hands to fists and raise them, shooting widow bites at the men.
This time it works and they go to the ground, twitching from the electric shocks of the widow bites.

I hurry to the door and simply kick it open. It makes the people inside jump but I only care about Wanda. She's lying on a medical bed, her hands are cuffed to it but she doesn't try to move. A man in a lab coat stands right next to her, holding an injection in his hand. Seems like I got here right in time.

Almost automatically, I throw the other four men into the wall, slowly stepping closer to the one in the lab coat. With a movement of my finger, the injection explodes and first he looks at his hand, then at me. Wanda doesn't seem fazed by this at all, blankly staring up at the ceiling, which worries me a bit but I have to take care of that later, first I have to clear the field.

In my peripheral, I see the other men getting up and with a quick movement, throw the lab coat guy into them, hard. There are a few unpleasant noises that tell me that someone got badly hurt but they don't deserve differently right now. I still check to see if they are knocked out for now and when none of them moves, I turn around to Wanda.

Her face is a little pale and her hair looks messy but other than that, I can't see any injuries. Well, except for her inner elbow, there are multiple little needle stitches, which I assume come from the stuff they inject her.
My eyes scan the rest of her body. She wears one of her hoodies and some sweatpants, socks on her feet. Her eyes still stare at the ceiling above her and she doesn't move.

"Wanda?" I whisper but get no reaction.

Carefully, I undo the cuffs that hold her hands in place. When I move my hand to her face, to brush some hair out of it, she suddenly grabs it and turns her head to look at me, no sign of recognition in her eyes.

A/n: Well, y/n found Wanda...

Thanks for reading and love to you all <3