Edd returns

Notes: I'm actually going to try and finish this, since i have a burst of motivation. ADHD am i right? anyways, ill probably have a time skip soon, since nothing terribly interesting will happen until Tord is able to get back to his army and speak with Edd. pray for me guys maybe I'll be able to finish this for real :sob:

Tord huffs at Matt as he walks back to the sofa, looking quite confused about what had just happened. 

"What was that about? I thought we could all be friends!"

Tord rolls his eyes at Matt's ignorance. Maybe it was a mistake to get him in the army. He might slow them down. He would try and get Tom to join, but that was out of the question. Edd seems a bit more reliable then the two of them combined. He was smarter, more negotiable, and kind enough to where he'd have a hard time saying no. Tord liked that about Edd. He was easy to manipulate like that. 

"No, Matt, we cant all be friends. Not with Tom. Never bring him here while I'm around, got it?"

Matt nods, since he didn't like when his friends fought. Not anymore, anyways. He does remember what had happened at the old house, he just doesn't remember much about Tord. That memory eraser gun really did a number on him when it comes to Tord. He'll have to learn to get more used to him and learn how to remember him if he was to join the army. 

Tord gets back to work to distract himself from his interaction with Tom. Matt tries to watch him work, but Tord pushes him away and tells him to beat it. Matt, oddly intimidated, nods and walks off to his bathroom. Tord shakes his head at Matt's inability to stop looking at himself in mirrors.

                                                    *                      *                      *

Edd enters Matt's apartment about an hour and a half later with a spare key he had. He sees Tord silently working on his computer looking quite tired. Edd hums quietly to himself, pitying the smaller, broken man. Edd walks over and taps Tord's shoulder, since it didn't seem like he had noticed Edd walking in the room. Tord jumps, startled by Edd suddenly appearing beside him.

"Edd-! Oh, you're back..."

Tord shakes his head, trying to wake himself up a bit more. He seriously needed more sleep. he could do that later, though. He needed to get back to Edd's apartment. 

"Hey, Tord. Are you okay? You look exhausted.. I'm done shopping, so we can head back and you can take a nap-"

"Edd, I'm fine.. I just have a lot of work to do. But yes, let's head back to your place."

Edd nods and helps Tord stand up. Once he's on his feet, Tord pushes Edd away, since he can mostly walk on his own for now. Edd doesn't say anything about it, not willing to make him any more upset than he already is. Tord is thankful for this, and they head back to his apartment. 

Tord takes a seat on Edd's sofa, now. glancing around the room again to catch his bearings. Edd had bags of food on his counter, which was making him a bit hungry. Edd walks in after him, going to his refrigerator and grabbing a cola for himself. 

"Tord, are you hungry? I have soup if you'd like any."

Tord mumbles a yes to Edd, laying on his good side. he needs to take more medicine, too, so he pulls some out to take with his meal. Edd comes back after a few minutes of heating up some chicken soup for Tord. he sets it down on the coffee table, shaking the half sleep Tord to get him to eat. Tord groans at Edd, unable to think clearly. Edd winces at Tord, pushing the table a bit closer to him.

Tord takes the bowl, eating the contents slowly, very silent. Edd sees a a few pills and tilts his head, since he didn't know what they were for. "Tord, are these yours?"