Chapter seventeen: The game.

"Please don't do anything stupid." I looked at him desperately.

Levi was standing with a serious as ever look on his face and his arms crossed.

"I'm not going to do anything...I'm just going to play." He said and walked away with a sly look, leaving me alone.

{-}

November 1st, 2019
4:07pm

We were off school and sitting around a table at Mia's cafe all together.
The place was reminded me of the year 90s. It was quite quiet, we were alone with less than 5 people being there.
Tomorrow we were supposed to have a goodbye party for Marcus at this place.

"The shoes?" Leo asked and I hurriedly sucked down a sip of my milkshake.
"Thanos stopped by and took them to the lab." I answered.
"Do you still trust him?" Theo asked with a serious look on his face.
"Yes, why?"
"Because you literally gave him all that money and he went directly and talked to..." He continued but before he finished his sentence Mia's mother came over to serve us.

"What are you guys doing?" She asked us.
"Chillin!" We all replied together.
"I hope you're not still doing research and crap, are you?"
"How...?"
"The sheriff has called everyone's parents and told us what you're up to! It's very dangerous what you're doing, you should leave it up to the police!" She said holding her tray ready to leave.
"Okay mum that's enough!" Mia shouted at her and she left.

"What we were saying! You paid him and he..." He went to continue but again something interrupted him.
"Look outside!" Peter shouted.

We all turned our heads.
It was the school bus of Uprep moving the players including the two boys who had raped Anna.

Jun abruptly got up from his seat and walked out, a split second later the rest of the boys followed him.
As soon as we got close to them guys started getting off the bus.
The ones with pets came out first, followed by Cole and Liam.

I couldn't keep my gaze steady.

"That's them, right?" Mia whispered, pulling me close to her.
"Yes, them." I replied without emotion.

"Well, well, well. Look who we have here!" Liam who had somehow gotten behind me said grabbing me by my arm and revealing me to the others.
"Don't touch me!" I said pulling my hand away.
"Liam don't get too close to her or she might have a gun on her!" Cole yelled and then laughed.
"If she does I hope she gives it to me so I can blow my brains out with it!" Liam came down to my face.

How could they say such a thing after all they have done... And yet as much as I blamed them I knew it was my fault that Anna was not alive.
Before I knew it, a punch got away from me and into Liam's face.

"Fucking whore!" He turned around ready to hit me back.
"One wrong move and I swear you won't be able to play today." His arm was caught by Levi who stepped in front of me to protect me.
Everyone gathered around to us.
"See you there then!" Daniel touched Liam's shoulder who was furious.

We turned and left without a word.

"I don't need you." I said to Levi.
"Is that what you think." He replied dryly.
"You're not my bodyguard!"
"Okay, then next time I'll let you get your ass kicked!" He said and walked past me.

{-}

November 1st, 2019
7:42pm

Jun's POV:

I was about to get on the ice when the coach stopped me.

"Jun! Wait a minute!" She yelled.
"Yes, coach."