29

Eight Stars

"So how should we do this?" Nari asked, allowing the stylist to fix her hanbok as she listened to the director giving her instructions on how to act the scene. It was shocking when she and Minho received acting offers, but she immediately agreed on it. The fans have been asking for a while and who were they to say no?

Besides, Minho has always been good at acting. He might act like he doesn't like it, but he enjoys it. Receiving compliments about his acting makes him flustered really quick. 

"Basically, just think of your first meeting. You're a princess and he's the prince from the enemy kingdom, got it?" The director instructed. They took this drama with a proper acting workshop as they did not want to fit into the stereotype that all idols ever do in a drama is look pretty.

At that moment, Minho walked in. "It feels weird seeing you wear a hanbok but not as auntie Lina." Nari joked. Minho rolled his eyes. The director wished them good luck as he left.

"I am not doing skz family again." He protested.

"Why? I'm invested whether you and Seungmin will ever divorce! What will happen to Yongbok? Is Changbin Hyunjin's son or is he only Han's?" She asked consecutively.

Minho did not answer her. Instead, he leaned closer and pecked her lips making Nari chuckle in surprise. "The director's calling for us. Let's go." He smiled at her.

Nari pouted as they went towards the set. They are part of the official cast. They will only appear as cameos for some episodes as their characters isn't that important to the plot. They are considered as side-characters. They have received offers where they are the main casts, but they refused. It was too much for their first time acting. "You look really pretty in that hanbok." Minho complimented.

Nari smiled gratefully.

A few days have passed, and it was time for the last episode of their filming. A scene in which Minho will die because Nari's family found out about their secret attraction with each other. "Why does every idol die during their first drama?" Nari wondered.

"What do you mean?" Minho asked as he played with her fingers.

"Baekhyun died at scarlet heart. Taehyung died at hwarang. And now you." Nari enumerated. Minho just chuckled.

They began to prepare for the scene. Minho was going to get stabbed with Nari watching. Nari took a deep breath as Minho shot his scenes first. Before she knew it, she was slipping into her character long before she began filming her own scenes.

"Princess, you may not." They began filming with the guard stopping Nari from running towards the bleeding prince. She was already crying despite it not being part of the script.

"That's enough. Let's go." The king's actor said his lines as he left with the guards.

As soon as the guards let go of her, Nari fell into her knees. She stood up, trembling as she made her way towards Minho. The camera continued rolling. She felt overwhelmed with everything.

She was slipping deeply into her character. Seeing the love of her life laying down on the pavement, looking lifeless and almost drowning in blood. His eyes closed and seemingly weak.

How can actors do this?

With trembling hands, she reached out for his face. With the other, she tried to cover the fake wound that was gushing out fake blood. She knew it was fake and yet she can't help but cry.

"Junho..." She whispered his character's name with trembling voice. She no longer if she was even acting. "I'm sorry." She leaned and embraced him, her trembling figure towering over Minho.