23

River

Nari and Hyunjin has been becoming more and more absent during group meetings for the past few days, busy practicing their studio choom performance. Chan indeed gave them permission, but the others can truly feel their absence.

Kingdom has a lounge. A big lounge at the center of the establishment where all the artists can gather and hang out. It was big and elegant. It had a small convenience store and a cafe where the artists can buy their snacks.

Nari and the others were hanging out at that place. They liked they were spending too much time in their private floor so they decided to hang-out at the lounge. All of a sudden, a pair of hands covered her eyes. She also heard several gasps of surprise at the sudden action. She inhaled as she smelled a familiar scent.

"Taemin! What are you doing here!" She asked, surprised at the sudden appearance. She was all so familiar with the man. Taemin had a habit of doing that to her at any given chance, so she was already used to it.

Nari felt the hands leaving her eyes. She stood up and went to hug the man.

It is a well-known fact that SM artists are close to each other. A very close family. They are often seen interacting with each other. Other companies might have gotten a culture shock with how they interacted.

"How is our maknae doing?" He smiled.

"Fine." Nari replied.

Nari then went to greet the other members. "I've seen the performance with Han. Congratulations." Minho greeted. The one from Shinee.

"Duh, as expected from an SM artist." Kibum also greeted.

"Where's Straykids?" Onew asked.

Nari turned and pointed towards the eight men who had wide eyes, clearly surprised seeing their senior. Shinee, a group who everyone looked up to.  A group who shook the kpop world upon debut.

Nari smiled as they interacted.

A few days later, Nari and Hyunjin arrived back at Kingdom looking like zombies. They entered the conference room nearly asleep.

"You two, okay?" Chan chuckled.

Nari and Hyunjin lazily made their way towards the couch, removing their hats which revealed their newly dyed red hair. It was redder than Nari's previous hair color.

"Why did we agree to this." Hyunjin groaned as he picked up a bottle of water.

Nari did not even speak anymore and just stared at the ceiling in a daze.

"Noona?"

Nari turned her head and looked at Jeongin. "Kibum-sunbae left you this before." He said, handing Nari the canvas and paints.

Hyunjin suddenly got a burst of energy. "Let's paint. I'm going to film it for a vlog. I must reclaim my crown of being your most popular ship."

Nari rolled her eyes, standing as she nodded. "Sure, it's been a while."

Nari found it funny that the two were making it some sort of a mission on who'll be her most famous ship when she knows she only wants to be shipped with that one member. But it seems as if he's the most uninterested one in their ship hierarchy.