11 - Gifts & Roses ✨

💫🌹💫

Author's POV

Sunday, 6:00 PM

It was Sunday and Yukta and Akshit were going on a date just as planned by her.

This was the first time she was initiating something like this and she was nervous about it.

She was in her room getting ready for the date. She wore a really pretty dress with blue floral prints on it with her favourite pair of sneakers. She put on little makeup on her face just some eyeliner and lipstick.

She picked up the blush to put on her cheeks when she remembered how he makes her blush all the time. Hopefully, she'll be able to hide that blush behind this blush. She quickly took her purse and moved out of her room.

She bid bye to everyone and went downstairs where he was already there waiting for her, looking handsome as always in a blue hoodie with black pants. And without knowing, they were twinning.

He smiled looking at her saying, "Hello! You look beautiful as always." and opened the car door for her.

She smiled shyly and said, "Hello, and you also look handsome. As always." And quickly sat inside the car. He smiled and excitedly sat at the driver's seat and started the car.

"So what's this sudden date for?" He asked her and she looked at him and asked playfully, "And why do you think that it's a date?"

"It's not? Then where are we going and why are we going Ms. Sharma?" He asked in the same playful tone.

Just like that they talked and laughed with each other throughout the ride.

Soon they reached their destination. It was a beach. Yeah she wanted them to spend some time here.

When they reached the sun was setting casting a really beautiful orange to red shade in the sky making it look so beautiful.

"Let's take a walk?" She asked.

"Sure" he replied.

They started walking on the shore without any of them saying anything just enjoying the peaceful silence.

Akshit looked in her direction and saw her looking at the setting sun with a small smile, her face looking even more beautiful from the soft glow of the sun. While she was mesmerized by the beautiful sun he was mesmerized in her beauty. "So pretty." he thought in his head and a smile made its way on to his face looking at her.

He slightly moved his hand and softly held her hands in his. She didn't look at him and just tightened her hold on his hands and continued walking.

After walking for sometime they sat at a bench near the shore and Akshit finally broke the silence asking her, "So you still didn't tell me what this sudden date is for?"

She looked at him raising her eyebrows and asked, "Why? Can't we just spend sometime together? Do I need a reason to go out with you?"

He shook his head chuckling a little at her cute face and said, "That's not what I meant. It's okay if you don't want to tell me now."