9 - Where are you? ✨

💫🌹💫

Akshit's POV

It's been a month since our engagement now and there wasn't a single day when we didn't talk to each other. Every night before going to sleep we made sure that we talked to each other or at very least texted.

After the engagement our parents talked with pandit ji for our marraige dates and he fixed a date after five months. Which is too long according to me. Everyone in the family is also very happy.

Everything is going perfectly except for one thing. That is our company's profit.

I don't know how and why but since few months our company's profit is going down. I know the highs and lows are something very common in a business but we can't just sit and do nothing about it.

And that is why we made a proposal for other companies to invest in our company so that we can launch a new product. It will help us in the costs on making of our new products and also help us to reboost our company's profits again.
(Sorry, I don't know much about business so just bear with it. I've only watched Shark Tank 😁)

The day after my engagement Shreya di told me that Aditya Sehgal came to make a proposal about working together with his company. But what I don't understand is why is he doing that? I mean we are business rivals, he should be happy about it that our company is going into losses instead of helping us. I don't know if he is doing this genuinely or there's some planning behind this.

But right now we don't really have the upper hand here. We really need to do something as soon as possible to save the company from going into loss. And after a lot of discussion with everyone i.e. Dad, Bade papa, Shreya di, Ritik our lawyer, and the board members on this we have decided to accept the offer from Sehgal Corporation.

I honestly don't want to do this but there's no other option now. We fixed a meeting to discuss about this further.

Last month was really hectic, there was so much work load that I had to work overtime everyday. But as soon as I talked to her all my tiredness just vanished hearing her voice. I'm sure she's done some black magic on me. Not that I'm complaining about it.

*

Right now I'm in a meeting with Sehgal Corporations discussing about the investment and our new products. This meeting is very important for us as after this meeting only they will decide if they're going to invest in our company or not.

Suddenly my phone started to vibrate in my pocket indicating that I'm getting a call. At first I ignored it as I have to focus on the meeting. But then it vibrated again and I took it out of my pocket and the screen showed 'Prisha Yadav'.

I looked at it confused as to why is she calling me. Or maybe it's Yukta who's calling me from her phone. I cut the call and send an automated message saying "I'm busy. Will call you later."

Few seconds later there was a message which said "It's an emergency. Please respond."

I looked at the screen confused. Emergency? What could it be? Is Yukta in some problem?

I looked at Ritik who was looking at me and asked with his eyes what was happening as I never used phone in the middle of any meeting. I gestured him that there's some problem and we need to get out of here.

I messaged her again "What happened? And is this Yukta?"

I waited for a reply and just 10 seconds later it came "It's Prisha. And we don't know where is Yukta. Her phone is off."