6 - Fixing Dates ✨

💫🌹💫

Author's POV

As she was lying down while smiling she suddenly realised something and quickly opened her phone messaging back on the same number.

Yukta: Wait how did you get my number?

Akshit: Oh! So you WERE thinking about me hm?

Yukta: What?! No! Just tell me where did you get my number from?

Akshit: Well that's a long story I'll tell you some other day.

Yukta: .......

Akshit: Okay leave that. What are you doing?

Yukta: Nothing just lying on my bed trying to sleep. Wbu?

Akshit: Oh I'm just playing with Coco.

Yukta: Okay.

Akshit: Hmm.

They both stared at the screen waiting for the other person to say something.

......

Akshit: Actually I wanted to ask you something.

Yukta: Hmm, what is it?

Akshit: Dad told me about your answer that you said yes.

Yukta: Hmm.

Akshit: You really mean it right?

Yukta: What do you mean?

Akshit: No, I mean you didn't say yes just because of our parents right?

Yukta: Why would I do that? I said yes because I wanted to.

They both smiled reading the message.

Akshit: Hmm okay. Good night.

Yukta: Okay.

They both had a content smile on their faces and with that happy feeling they went to sleep.

Friday Evening

"Is everyone ready? They must be here any moment now. Is Yukta ready? Where is all the sweets kept?"

"Calm down bhabhi, everything and everyone is all ready." Damini said to Kashvi who was rushing here and there making sure everything was proper.

In Yukta's room

Yukta was standing in the balcony continuously looking down waiting for that particular car.

"Ahem-ahem are you waiting for someone Di?" Avni asked her teasingly.

"No, I- I was just waiting for Pri. She said she'll be here by 6." Yukta replied her.

"But later she also said that she can't make it today did you forget already?" Avni asked again teasing her.

Suddenly they heard the sound of cars coming. Yukta quickly turned round to look and yes it was the Singhania family. They came here to talk about their marriage and fix dates.

She was excited.

She looked at two cars parked and everyone started coming out of the cars one by one. In the first car it was Akshit's mom and dad, his dadi and Akshay. In the other car it was his bade-papa badi-mummy and Shreya di.