Strategy sets the scene for the tale

11 cannons went off.

"The plan worked." Elara said with a smile.

"Yes but we need to find somewhere to sleep. Also did anyone get food?" Magnus asked.

We all pulled out our packs.

"I got a water bottle and 3 apples. But we probably didn't get everything after we left. " I stated.

" I got water bottles and some meat too when I went back for the weapons." Caspian stated.

"Yeah I have 2 sandwiches and a water bottle." Elara said.

"That's not bad, we should look for more or hopefully get sponsors to send us some." Magnus said.

After the hovercrafts collected all the bodies we decided to go back to the cornucopia to find anything and see if we missed anything. We did. We found more food and sleeping bags for all of us. I guess we weren't exactly looking for that in the moment since we were trying to kill as many people as possible.

We grabbed more things and Decided to walk up a mountain trail. It was already getting late so we needed to find a place to sleep.

"What's that?" I said and pointed.
We walked closer and saw it was a small shack. There was a door and luckily nobody was in it. The shack was brown and pretty small. When we walked in there was nothing but a floor and a roof. Not bad for the night.
"We should stay here so we could be warm. It's freezing out." Elara stated.
We agreed and started to put our things down until we heard the music of the fallen.
We ran out of the cabin to see which people had died today.
Both from 3
Both from 5
The girl from 6
Boy from 7
The girl from 8
Boy from 9
Girl from 11
Both from 12
"Looks like we got the weakest out." Caspian said while laughing.
"The boy from 4 is still out there. He said he wanted to kill us." I whispered.
"There's 4 trained careers and 1 of him. He won't do shit." Caspian replied.
Me and Elara just looked at each other. We wanted Caspian gone but it was way too early for that.
"Are we going to take watch and take turns sleeping?" I asked.
I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep anyways but it was worth a shot.
"The door is shut and if anyone tries coming in we'll hear. Today was rough we need sleep if we want to hunt more tributes all tomorrow."Elara said.
We agreed and I tried to get comfortable to sleep. I tried my best but I couldn't.
"Can't sleep?" Elara asked.
"Yeah you too?" I replied.
"How can anyone sleep in here. I wish I was back home in my comfy bed. The floor is way too hard." He whispered.
"Do you have siblings?" I asked.
"Yes 2 younger brothers, do you?" She asked.
"No i'm an only child." I said back.
"That's nice your parents must make so much time for you then." She said back.
"It's just me and my dad, and he works a lot so not really." I said back.
"Oh well siblings are annoying, my brother Jax always tries to take my things. I do miss them though." She said sadly.
"I miss my parents too." I replied.
"Go to sleep oh my god you're waking me up." Caspian yelled.
We looked at eachother and we wanted to kill him right then and there, but it was way too early.