The dominos cascaded in a line

Trying to fall asleep last night was hell. The conversations I had with Brock and Magnus kept repeating in my head over and over again. Tonight we arrive at the capital and have the tribute parade. It's our first chance to give a good impression to the game makers and sponsors.
"Ayva get ready we're almost here!" Trish said knocking on my door.
I got up and took a shower and brushed my teeth and got ready. I put on the outfit in my drawer, just a pair of jeans and a loose fitting t shirt.
I walked out into the kitchen and everyone was ready to go. We all ate breakfast and I saw the huge city of the capital and I was in awe. Huge buildings and people dressed up all like Trish. It was so extra but I guess seen as fashionable. Magnus seemed scared, so was I. Inside I terrified but nobody has to know that.
"You ready kid?" Brock asked me.
I nodded.
"Look friendly and wave a little bit okay?"
"Okay." I replied.
I can't believe this is actually happening.
Magnus and I walked out first with Brock, Enobaria and Trish following.
"Magnus! Magnus!" People screamed.
He waved, but he was still looking slightly disinterested.
This is making me jealous of him.
Only a couple of people yelled my name but I held my head up high and didn't even wave. I was pissed off. This is my Hunger Games too.
We made our way into the remake center and these people took my height and weight.
I was laid down on a table and was told to take off my clothes and put on a gown. I changed and laid down on the table. I was hosed down and waxed.It hurt so bad, i've never gotten waxed before. I didn't complain, I just held still the best of possible until it was over.
"Please wait in here. Your stylist will be in shortly." A capital woman said leading me into a room.
I sat there for a while just in my gown. All this time to myself. I wonder if I made the right choice being here. But there is no turning back now. I have to go through with it.
A woman finally walked in with icy blue hair and a fancy capital outfit and lots of makeup on.
"Hello Ayva, my name is Celeste and I will be your stylist." She said.
"Hi it's nice to meet you." I responded.
For tonight's parade I want to do a gold and brown dress with a cape and high heels. How does that sound? "
She said while showing me a sketch and it looked alright. It was just like the other district 2 outfits but I was not complaining.
"That sounds good. Thank you." I said back with a smile.
"Great. You and Magnus will be in corresponding outfits." She said happily.
I shook my head and then she left again. Leaving me alone for what felt like eternity.
When she came back she brought me some water and the costume.
She helped me get into the dress. It didn't look bad but not very flattering on me. She took me into a room to get my makeup and done which took them like 2 hours. My hair was in a ponytail with braids and my makeup was very glowy with light pink lip gloss. I really didn't look like myself, maybe that wasn't a bad thing.