This this the first time I've felt the need to confess

The train was huge and filled with expensive furniture, I saw our mentors already sitting on the train. Enobaria, the girl who won the 62nd hunger games by ripping out her opponents throat with her teeth. Now she has fang teeth that the capital made her get. It's a shame, she's tan and has long dark hair, she would be really pretty.  Brock was also there.Hes on the shorter side but he's built. He won the 40 something hunger games I don't remember.
"Hi i'm Ayva" I said to both of them.
Magnus came in and he looked like he had seen a ghost. It's clear he does not want to be here. Then why would he volunteer? So many district 2 boys would have loved to taken his spot.
I sat down in a chair and Magnus sat next to me.
"Let's watch the reaping." Enobria said sternly.
District one was a read headed girl named Elara who was very pale and short but buff, that's a shock. She also volunteered for a change. The boy, Caspian was average district one, volunteer, tall and strong.
Then our reaping came on. I'm not too skinny for any means. I have a little bit of muscle to me but I looked very small compared to Magnus. I hope people still see me as a threat. Magnus is just large i'm not tiny.
The rest of the reaping was boring and just kids crying and screaming, but there were some tributes I did find intimidating.
District 4 had a strong tall guy, District 7s girl looked unfazed, so did both of District 9s tributes but no volunteers expect for the careers.
"Stick with the careers, we'll make sure to talk to District one's mentors and make sure they are on board . Don't do or say anything stupid. Intimidate others in training tomorrow, got it?" Brock asked.
Magnus and I  both said yes and we made our way to our rooms for the night, since it will only take a day to get there. My room had a big bed and some furniture and a bathroom and shower. I was tired so I wanted to take a nap but Magnus has other plans.
"Ayva. Can we please talk" Magnus said while entering my room uninvited.
"Uhh sure" I responded.
"We're allies right?" He asked.
"Why wouldn't we be?" I said confused.
Really what is wrong with him, he's so cute but so dumb.
"I'm sorry, and i'm sorry for coming at you at the academy. I just don't want to be here either." He said sadly.
"Then why are you? You know how many people would love to be in your place right now??" I snapped back.
"You didn't know my dad won the games years ago? Now my parents are making me follow in his footsteps. Also Ayva those people we talked to in the academy were gamblers, they spend a crazy amount of money hand picking tributes and their betting on us. We are just property to them and money. Don't you see that?" He said angrily.
Woah. I never knew about that, but how did he know? Also his dad? I know it's not Brock.
"No I didn't know that I thought they just worked for the academy. Who is your father?" I asked.
"Brutus Gunn. Winner of the 34th games. He said.
"Seriously? My mom used to talk about him all the time. They were and she went to his victory party when he got home from the games." I said happily.
"Really? Wow. Are they still friends I didn't know this at all?" He asked.
Crap.
"Uhh no my mom died when I was 12." I said while looking down. I didn't want to tell him but I felt like i need to.
"Oh Ayva i'm so sorry. I really didn't know" He said sadly.
"It's okay Magnus you didn't know, and i'm sorry I lied to you about why i'm going into the games. It's because my dad's really sick and I want to help him."  I said sadly. Maybe if I tell him the truth he'll be able to trust each other more in the arena.

"I'm sorry about your dad, you are really strong for being here and doing this for him." He said smiling
"Thank you, i'll see you at dinner." I said back.
He left my room and I don't know if I regret telling him or not. I don't think before I talk and it kind of  just came out. What if he is just doing this so he can get closer to me and kill me? There's no way i'm not winning. He's not going to trick me. If anything this can make him feel pity for me and I think it may be a good strategy to get on Magnus's good side if he is this well liked.

Hours later

I kept on replaying the conversation I had with Magnus over and over again in my head during dinner and when Enobaria and Brock were talking strategy to us and Trish was playing with her hair.
"Ayva can I talk to you?" Brock asked.
"Sure" I replied back nervously.
He led me to the back of the train and we sat down.
"Look kid, I want to help you. The capital people love it when a victors kid enters the games and wants them to win." He said.
My heart sunk.
"I'm better than him. I don't care what type of advantages he gets, he doesn't even want to be here!" I snapped back.
"I know. I've spoken to his father. He is being pushed to win. I know you guys are in an alliance but when it gets down to maybe 4-5 people you I say need to kill him." Brock whispered.
"What about District 1? What if the two of them are still alive?" I said panicked.
"That may happen but alliances don't last forever. Get Magnus to help you kill them in their sleep, you know District 1 aren't particularly smart, use that to your advantage." He replied.
" I have to win. I'm gonna do whatever it takes." I said sternly.
"I bet you will but please take my advice Ayva. I don't think it's fair Magnus gets this special treatment and i've seen you train before, you are extremely skilled and a hard worker. Just be smart and on high alert." He said back.
"I will and thank you for helping me I really appreciate it." I said.
He shook his head and walked away, leaving me thinking about everything. Magnus is going to be a huge threat. But I know I am capable to kill him. I know it's not his fault who his dad was but i'm here now and I have to fight for my life.
I will do whatever it takes. I keep telling myself.