Chapter 32

SOMEONE'S POV

Michelle arrived early at her office. Due to a sudden call for a meeting, she had a lot to prepare for. As she entered the building, she was greeted by the familiar hustle and bustle of the workplace. Every employee she passed by had a smile on their face, wishing her a good morning.

When Michelle entered her office, the first thing she saw was Antonia's beautiful and smiling face. Michelle couldn't help but smile as she caught sight of her.

"Good morning, ma'am," Antonia greeted her cheerfully.

"Good morning," Michelle replied with a slight frown as she approached her desk and sat on the swivel chair.

"Oh, why the frown face? Are you okay?" Antonia asked, slightly puzzled.

"Do you really have to call me 'ma'am'? Can't you just call me Michelle?" Michelle responded with a furrowed brow.

Antonia laughed at her remark. "But didn't you say that we should use 'ma'am' when we're at work? That's why I call you that," Antonia replied with a smile.

"Yes, I did. But it's just annoying to hear. Can you just call me Michelle when it's just the two of us? You can call me 'ma'am' when we're in front of other people," Michelle said, smiling as she spoke.

"Okay, if you say so," Antonia agreed, raising her hands in a gesture of approval.

Michelle nodded and started opening her laptop, while Antonia sat at her desk and began working as well.

"Mich, I've already informed all the department heads about the meeting later," Antonia informed her.

"Ah, okay. Thank you, Ann," Michelle replied, smiling slightly.

Hours passed, and the two of them continued working quietly. Perhaps due to their absence for a week, they had accumulated a lot of tasks. So, they were both busy with their respective work.

As the hours passed, Michelle started feeling hungry, so she glanced at her watch on her wrist. It was already lunchtime, and they hadn't realized how time had flown by due to their busy schedules. She decided to set aside her work for a moment and stood up from her seat.

Michelle walked over to where Antonia was, noticing that she was still busy typing away on her laptop. She positioned herself in front of Antonia and leaned forward.

"Can I invite you for lunch?" she asked with a smile.

Antonia was startled when she heard Michelle's voice. She looked up and saw Michelle's beautiful face right in front of her, wearing a radiant smile. Her heart melted at the sight of Michelle's captivating smile.

"H-Huh? Yes, of course," Antonia stammered in response.

She heard Michelle burst into laughter, which puzzled her. She furrowed her brow as she looked at her.

"Why are you laughing?" she asked, perplexed.

"Well, because you were stammering," Michelle replied with a smile.

Antonia was momentarily speechless. She felt a sense of embarrassment wash over her. Sensing her discomfort, Michelle reached out and held her hand.

"I was just joking. Come on, I'm hungry. Let's have lunch," Michelle said, pulling her along.

Antonia stood up and followed Michelle, her heart fluttering at the touch of their hands intertwined.

As Michelle and Antonia made their way to the nearby restaurant, they continued their conversation, enjoying the casual and lighthearted exchange.