Chapter 10

ANTONIA'S POV

On the way to the hotel. I can't stop myself from admiring the scenery I see outside the window. The green mountains and plains that I see are very pleasing to my eyes. "This is seriously the most beautiful place I've ever been." I said to myself. In the six years working with Michelle, she would often include me on her business trips. Her ex-girlfriend Rhian is always with her. The girl also served as her secretary when she had a business trip.

Our journey from the airport to the hotel also took more than an hour. When we arrived at the hotel, the staff immediately greeted us and escorted us to our room. The hotel staff opened the room. It is  very elegant. We went inside, then I wandered my eyes to its entirety, it was so beautifully arranged there were two beds on the side. It also has a living room and a balcony that you can overlook the green mountains there. I can't help but admire what I see.

I have never lived in luxury. The life I grew up in, was simple. I am also the only child. My parents are both government employees. My parents also earn a lot of money, they educated me in a good school and they also provide all my needs.

I was interrupted when I heard Michelle's voice. "Is it okay with you that we share the same room?" She asked

"Okay lang naman" Sagot ko
"Let's rest first, and then we'll fix things later." She say

"You just rest. I'm not tired, I'll just fix our things first." I replied

"Okay, fine. If that's what you want. But if you feel tired you can rest." She said smiling. 

Lalo itong gumaganda pag nakangiti. Di ko tuloy mapigilang kiligin. "Antonia umayos ka baka makahalata yan." Sabi ko sa aking sarili.

"Remind ko lang ulit wag mo kalimutang tawagan ang parents mo baka mapalo ka ng mga yon." Dinig kung sabi nito na bahagyan tumawa.

"Oo nga pala. Nakalimutan ko na. "Thank you sa reminder ha" sabi ko sa kanya. Kumindat lang ito sa akin habang naka ngiti pa rin. Parang gustong tumalon ng puso ko. Naramdaman kung uminit ang aking pisngi. Parang nanghihina ang tuhod ko kaya napaupo na lang ako sa sofa na malapit sa akin. Nakita kung di siya kumilos sa kinatatayuan niya at nakatingin lang sa akin.

"Antonia, are you okay? Why are you blushing?" She said it with concern in her tone.

"Ha? I'm fine. I-I'm just a little hungry." I answered without looking at her.

"Ah, okay. I'm sorry I didn't think you might be hungry. I'll order some snacks." She said

She approached the table and picked up the phone, only a few seconds later she was talking to someone there. She put down the phone and came to where I was and sat next to me. It's like if I stand up from where I'm sitting, I can feel the heat coming from her body. Our two arms almost touched because she was so close to me.

She took the rest of our belongings that were placed on the sofa and began to arrange them.

"Ako na bahala sa mga yan. Mag pahinga ka na lang muna" Ang sabi ko sa kanya. Ngumiti lang ito sa akin.

"I'll just rest later after we have a snack. Let me help you so we can finish right away and you can rest also." She said with a smile.

Ngumiti ako sa kanya. Hinayaan ko na lang sya sa ginagawa niya. Maya maya dumating na ang snack namin. Nilagay ko ang mga iyon sa table na nasa harap ng couch. Dalawang slice ng cinnamon cake. Dalawang baso ng pineapple juice at dalawang fresh lumpia. Nagsimula na kaming kumain

"Antonia, can you swim?" She asked while eating.

"Yup member ako ng swimming team namin sa school noong nag aaral pa ako ng college" Sagot ko habang ngumunguya.

"Great! I'm happy to hear that."

"I plan to go scuba diving tomorrow, so I'll take you with me." She said, looking at me with a smile. There was joy and excitement in her eyes. It's heartwarming to see her happy.

"Wait a second. Natawagan mo na ba ang parents mo?" Tanong ulit nito

"Not yet, I'll almost forget." Sagot ko. She laughed while shaking her head. "Antonia, why do you seem forgetful now?" She said laughing again. I didn't respond, I was too busy looking at her.

It's good to my ears her laughter. I haven't heard her laugh in a long time. I miss it.

"Akin na nga yong cellphone mo" Narinig kung sabi nito.

"B-bakit?" Tanong ko

"Ako na ang tatawag sa mga magulang mo para ipagpaalam ka. Nalilimutan mo lagi eh." Sabi nito sa nanunukaong tono.

"No ako na lang. Sabi ko.

Tumayo ako at kinuha ko ang cellphone ko sa bag  Nakita kong may nagmiss call sa akin. Si mama. Nagpunta ako sa balcony para magreturn call.

"Ma, sori nasa byahe kasi ako kaya di ko nasagot."

"Nasa byahe? Bakit saan ka ba papunta,?" Tanong nito.

"Sorry Ma di ako nagkapagpaalam agad biglaan po kasi ang business trip namin."

"Business trip? San ba yan?" Tanong ulit ni mama.

"Batanes po."

"Ganun ba. Sige mag ingat ka jan ha" Sabi nito.

"Opo mam. Kayo din po mag ingat po kayo ni papa" Sabi ko

"Ann, Nandito na pla si Irfan. Kagabi siya dumating. Pumunta siya dito hinahanap ka." Narinig kung sabi ni mama.

"Ganun po ba. Okey po ma salamat sa info" Sagot ko

"Oh sige na anak. Lagi kang mag iingat jan ha" sabi nito

"Opo ma. Salamat." Sabi ko.

Napabugtong hininga na lang ako. Pagkatapos ko makipag usap kay mama bumalik ako sa loob. Nakita ko si Michelle may kausap sa phone.

_____________________

A/N

It's my first time making a story. I hope you like it. I really appreciated all your comments. Thank you so much