Chapter 31

Days ago, Michelle and Antonia returned to Manila. Mrs Porslid welcomed Antonia, perhaps they missed their daughter who had been on vacation for a week.

"My dear child. How are you?" Mrs. Porsild to her daughter and hugged her tightly.

"I'm okay, mom." Antonia replied to her mother and also returned the hug.

"It seems like your vacation did you well, honey. You've become even more beautiful." Mr. Porsild said to his daughter with a smile and hugged her.

"Oh, dad, you're flattering me again." Antonia responded to her father and also hugged him.

"You didn't even tell us you were coming home. We could have picked you up at the airport." Mr. Porsild said again.

"It's okay, dad. My boss dropped me off." Antonia replied with a smile.

"Ha? Why didn't you invite her in so we could meet her?" Mrs. Porsild responded.

"She was in a hurry, mom. Maybe some other day." Antonia said as she walked and sat on the sofa.

"Well, she's probably tired and wanted to rest." Mrs. Porsild said.

"Mom. Dad. How have you been while I was away?" Antonia asked her parents.

"We've been fine, honey." Mr. Porsild replied.

"By the way, Ann. Irfan has been visiting here every day." Her mother said.

"Really? What has he been doing here?" She asked them.

"Sometimes he brings food, sometimes cookies, sometimes he chats with your father and me. He asked when you would be arriving. We told him we didn't know." Mrs. Porsild replied.

Antonia just nodded. She was feeling out her own emotions in response to what her parents had said. She was happy to see her old close friend again, but that was it, she's no longer had the feeling of excitement whenever she saw or would see him. Perhaps her feelings for him had faded. Antonia smiled as she remembered the days when she and Michelle were together in Batanes. She felt extremely happy. Earlier, Michelle insisted on dropping her home. She didn't want to because she knew Michelle was tired from the trip, but she insisted anyway. It had only been a few moments since they parted, but she had already missed her.

Antonia's thoughts were interrupted when she heard her father's voice.

"Ann. We know that you felt more than just a friend for Irfan back then. That's why you were hurt when he got a girlfriend. And you were even more hurt when he left for Canada. Your mom and I didn't say anything because we thought that you were still young and your feelings for him might change," her father said.

Antonia listened carefully to what the father said, with a mixture of surprise and curiosity. She never expected her parents to know her deeper feelings for Irfan. It was true that she felt more than friendship for him, but she did not express those emotions.

"Dad, how did you know?" She asked, voice full of genuine curiosity.

Her father smiled kindly and gently placed a hand on her shoulder. "Sweetheart, as parents, we feel things. We see your reactions, your smiles, and how you want to change whenever you're with Irfan.

She smiled at her father. Her parents knew her very well. They had known about her feelings for Irfan for a long time.

"Well, dad, you're right. But that was then. Now, I don't feel the same way about him anymore," Antonia said.

"Really, dear? Is there someone else who makes your heart beat faster?" her mother teasingly asked.

Antonia was unable to speak immediately. She was contemplating whether to tell her parents about her feelings for Michelle.