Fifty-Two

Trix stood in the basement, her cage and closed her eyes, running through every detail of her plan, she needed this to go right, she needed to save them all.

The Avengers would be going to the old nuclear base, to save those that were taken by the skrulls. Coulson and his team would be co-ordinating with others to take down the skrulls. Wade and her team would be tracking down and taking out any vamps that they could find. Strange had his lot working on spells to immobilise both skrulls and vamps.

The Wakandans however, she had asked them to prep cures for those who were werewolves, but to also be on hand, ready to take her down once she had killed Drake. She didn't know what would become of her, but she wasn't risking it, risking her harming anyone who was innocent. Though Barton and the others didn't know, she wasn't going to tell them, she knew he would try to stop her dying.

Everything had come together, and now she had to draw Drake out. He wanted her, and she wasn't going to stop until she ripped him apart with her bare hands, or her claws and teeth.

Blowing out a breath, she shook her head to herself, for the first time, in a very long time, she was afraid. She had spent so many years, making sure she didn't feel anything that could be a weakness for her, but with the Avengers knowing the truth about Bartons son, she was scared they'd use it against her. Barton and his wife, his kids, that was the family she had always dreamed about as a kid, and for the briefest moment, she let her mind wander into that fantasy, of being a real part of it.

That one little thought, started her on a spiral, and she felt she couldn't breathe. Dropping to her knees, she hugged herself, as she fought and lost against the sobs that bubbled up from inside. She couldn't guarantee the safety of those who were ready to fight with her, they were all innocents, and they didn't need or deserve to be in this fight. They had their own lives, their own families and she had dragged them into this mess.

Trix hated herself with a passion, hated the thought of anything happening to them all, especially Barton. He was a husband, a father, and though she never admitted it out loud, he was her best friend, always having her back, being there for her, even if she had told him to fuck off. If he got hurt or worse, Laura and the kids would lose him, because of her.

Trix dropped to her hands and knees, fighting to push her emotions away, she needed to figure out another way, find something, anything that could change it all. All she needed was more-...

It hit her like a freight train. She pushed back onto her knees, her sobs dying down as her mind ran wild. Could she do it? Could she possibly change the outcome? Trix needed answers, but she couldn't risk anyone stopping her from this. Everyone would go into this fight, knowing they could be killed, and she didn't want that.

Wiping both hands over her face, she pushed herself to stand, and pulled out her phone. Barton and Banner were upstairs, waiting for her, but they  couldn't hear her down here. She put the phone to her ear, listening to it ring before he answered.

'We're still trying to alter the spells, so-..'

'That's not why I'm calling. Open a portal to my cage..'.. She knew what she was think could be dangerous, and a trickle of her emotions seeped in, but she needed to shake it off and focus. Seconds later a portal opened, making her smile a little, hanging up the phone and stepping through to the library.

'Why do you look as if you've been crying?..'.. She saw him frown and hung up, slipping his phone into a pocket.

'Not talking about it. I got a question..'.. She slipped her phone away... 'Can you look into the future, and see if I win this fight? I don't want to know the how's, just if I do..'