Twenty-Nine

Trix had ensured power dampening stayed on in her bar, and tied up a few loose ends, having Benny and Crick run the bar. She needed to clean up this mess with the heroes, and couldn't do that if they were hanging around the bar, waiting.

Pulling up outside her safehouse, on the outskirts of the city, she shut off her bike, and grabbed her bag, to head inside. She needed to come up with something, to protect her friends, so no one could read their thoughts. Loki may not have told the team, but Trix was sure he would at some point, or the Witch could read her friends. Last thing she wanted or needed, was Blade getting involved.

Kicking her door shut behind her, she dropped her bag by the door and removed her jacket, hanging it up and pulling out her phone, calling up her old friend.

'This wasn't the deal we made..'..

Trix rolled her eyes... 'Hello to you too..'.. She headed into her kitchen, checking her food supplies... 'I told you many times B, I'm doing this my way. No one knows it's me, only our friends. Where you at?..'

'Dealing with a situation, Dracula..'..

His words made her stop, and huff a laugh... 'You're shitting me..'

'I don't joke..'..

And didn't she know it, Blade has never once laughed in the time she knew him, or cracked a joke. She was sure he didn't know what a sense of humour was... 'Dracula? The daddy of all vamps? That guy?..'

'Yes..'..

'Wow, talk my ear off why don't you..'.. She quipped, heading up the stairs to her bedroom... 'Look, I just want you to stay away from the heroes, I can deal with this. They don't know who I really am, and they won't know..'

'You weren't meant to make noise, and you threatened a lot of people, on tv..'..

'Didn't have enough air miles to travel across the country and threaten them face to face..'.. She smirked, dropping onto her bed.

'Trix..'..

'Blade..'.. She sighed... 'Look, you owe me, so this is me, calling it in. Don't get involved with anything, to do with the heroes. You come to me with anything you find, and let me handle this. If I need you, I'll call..'

He was silent, until he sighed... 'We remain unknown for a reason. You know what will happen to us, if we're found out. We're the monsters in the dark, they wouldn't understand..'

'I know B, I know. Just trust me, I got this handled..'.. She moved towards her window, and opened it. She had a feeling she had been followed, and when the breeze blew in, the smell that told her, she knew she wasn't alone... 'I got to go, shopping to do..'

'Be safe..'..

She hung up, and slipped her phone back into her pocket. Of course this one would follow her, she had been watching her six while heading to her house, when she should have been checking twelve. Shaking her head, she went downstairs, and opened her from door, standing out on the small porch, folding her arms... 'You want a drink or not? Considering the flying you just did, not sure if you want to wash the bugs from your teeth..'

Shw heard him chuckle, before stepping out from the side, his eyes full of curiosity... 'I should have known you would be aware I followed..'