So where were you?

Act 2. Scene 2

[LILITH stands at the base of the staircase, surrounded by LUCIFER; NIFTY, ALASTOR; ANGEL.]

LILITH: [CHARLIE and VAGGIE entering:] Is this everyone?

CHARLIE: [Looking around, doing a headcount:] Yeaah?

LILITH: Lovely.

CHARLIE: So where where you?

LILITH: Heaven.

EVERYONE: [WHATTTTTTT? HUHH THAT'S SO CRAZY. HOW? WHY? WDYM YOU WERE IN HEAVEN? OMG, THAT IS SO CRAZY! WHAT?]

ANGEL: So what the fuck happened? [LILITH glares, as the group continues freaking tf out]

LUCIFER: You disappeared--?[betrayed] --Heaven?

LILITH: Yes. Heaven. May I explain?

ALASTOR: Please, do.

LILITH: [Smiles,] Alright, then. Lucifer, I'd like you to meet Uriel.

URIEL: [From the top of the stairs, powerful wing flapping approaches. URIEL lands, his wings folding away as he enters with razzamatazz] Hi!

LUCIFER: Who?

LILITH: Your son.

LUCIFER: "YOUR SON?"

LILITH: Well, yes, I suppose he's also my son. [Flirty] Did you forget about the birds and the bees? Maybe I'll have to remind you sometime ~

URIEL: Uh--

CHARLIE: Mom, please.

LUCIFER: [Falling for it.] Heheh..

ANGEL: HAHAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUUUUCKHAHAHAHAHA

ANGEL: Wow. I mean, congrats Lu. Remember, you can always let me know if you need some tips, m'kay?

CHARLIE: [interrupting] Okay! Wait. [To URIEL:] So you are my brother?

URIEL: Oh- Uh- Charlie?

CHARLIE: Yeah! Hi! I-uh-well I don't know, sorry, I didn't think I'd ever actually meet you.

URIEL: [being cordial:] It's lovely to meet you all!

VAGGIE: [From behind him:] URI?

URIEL: HELL YEAH! VAGGIEEE I FORGOT YOU WERE AT THE HOTEL TOO! OH, I'VE MISSED YOU Heavens' not the same without you :)

CHARLIE: Aww—

VAGGIE: [Re: The vertical scar from URIEL'S LEFT cheek down under his chin] Who's that from?!

URIEL: Take a wild guess...

VAGGIE: How??

CHARLIE: [Not following:] Who?

VAGGIE: Lute, honey.

URIEL: She was going nuts in the barracks after the extermination; I mean, I understand it. She and Adam were pretty close, y'know? [Beat] OH! Speaking of Adam...I gotta meet that gal who did the deed.

NIFTY: [Perks up, scuttling up to URIEL.] Hi! I'm Nifty! Oh wow, I like your hair. It's messy though. Hmm... It's okay I can clean it up for you 👹I want to add that white piece to my collection👹

URIEL: Wow. You are a freak! I love it. [Kneals, offering for Nifty to climb on his shoulders] I'll let you know when I get a trim next, I can bring you some. [Mocking:] Maybe I'll add it to a scrapbook for you.

NIFTY: [Getting a better look at Uriel, she begins speaking faster and faster, excitedly:] Oh wow! You do look like Charlie! I guess your not as pale. Oh! Can I see your wings again? How many were there? Why doesn't Charlie have wings if you two are siblings? Can I have you feathers too?

URIEL: [Amused; Never seeing something as "👹" as Nifty:] Uh, yeah, I think I've got a few that were big enough to be quills at ho-Heaven. And I already forgot most of the questions but: While Charlie here, is also a "Half-Angel," she's Half-Demon too...

[NIFTY stares blankly:]

URIEL: I'm Half-Human, speedy.

[Continues stare:]

URIEL: So, uhmm, yeah I don't know how the fuck to explain this to you, hon.

ANGEL: [To Charlie:] So, wait. Spooky-Momma'
here isn't yours?

URIEL: -what?

LUCIFER: It was when she was human. ...In the Garden.

ANGEL: Riiiiight. Why are you here now?

CHARLIE: Why weren't you?

[He shifts uncomfortably, looking to LILITH AND LUCIFER.]

URIEL: Well, I wasn't really allowed to just "pop down"

ANGEL: Why not?

URIEL:  It's...complicated?