Chapter Nineteen

Luke spent the next few days at his bookshop. He was done painting, now beginning to add furniture into the store where customers could sit. He added a couch with an end table and coasters, of course, with a second couch and chair as well. He also began to decorate where the checkout desk was, listening to his mystery podcasts as he did so.

Once he finished that, he made his way to check on the process of his paperwork with the city. From what he was told, things continued smoothly, and he should be able to open it when he was ready.

That was a relief; he had heard horror stories about the city making things a living hell when people were trying to open their business. Part of him silently wondered if Wes and Aiden played into the smoothness in which things were going, but he dared not question it.

Aiden was clearly a wonderful friend to Wes. The two had been spending most days together, planning and working with one another. Wes would often go to Luke's home after, plopping onto his couch to dramatically splay out on Luke's lap.

Luke found that he enjoyed how Wes made himself at home in his apartment. The two had exchanged spare keys earlier in the week. Wes had presented his in a pretty little box, something that had Luke laughing quietly before giving him a big hug. He enjoyed how Wes made him feel welcome and loved.

They had yet to spend time in Wes' apartment. They were still waiting for that, though Luke hardly knew what he was waiting for. Wes had made it clear that he could come to his apartment anytime he was ready to take that next step. Yet Luke still found himself hesitant to take the step that always ran people away, scaring them off permanently. He didn't think it would happen with Wes, but he was afraid it might.

By the time Luke finished up for the day, he was feeling exhausted and brain dead. Checking the status of the paperwork had taken longer than he could have anticipated. Most of his day had been spent at the store, and he was running later than usual. As he got into his car, he pulled out his phone to send a single text to Wes.
'Your place.'

He chewed his lip as he stared at his phone, unable to deny that he was anxious to receive Wes' response. To his disappointment, Wes did not respond immediately. He let out a quiet huff but locked up the store before he got into his car to begin driving. He did not receive a response until he started the car and was about to drive off, pausing only to read it.

'Alright, darlin'. I won't be home until about six. Make yourself at home.'

Luke could not help his small grin at his words, placing the phone down before he began to drive. As soon as he made it to the apartment, he checked the time and found that he had time to get ready. So he did what any reasonable person would do. First, he took the time to clean himself with an enema as well as scrub himself clean with his fruity body wash.

Afterward, he went to his closet, studying the different outfits he had on hand. He had already toyed with the idea of lingerie with Wes; he had clearly approved. Yet he could not decide what he wanted to wear this time. He eventually settled on a shirt that was sheer with long sleeves that came to the base of his neck. In the front, thick black straps crossed from the back, over his shoulders, across his nipples, and down to his abdomen. It was one of his favorite outfits for going out, and he hoped it would make a good first impression on Wes. 

He paired the shirt with a pair of his black lingerie that was tied neatly in a bow in the back before he slid on a pair of tights, the bow just poking from the top. Nestled inside his cheeks was a vibrator, the same one from the dinner with Wes' parents. He did not bother with shoes, seeing as Wes' apartment was right next to his. Instead, he just grabbed his apartment key and said goodbye to his puppy.

He had done a routine similar to this many times in the past. In his free time, he had tried going to the club to pick up partners, but he had minimal luck. Those he did pick up were hardly into the BDSM scene. Those who claimed they enjoyed BDSM only enjoyed the fantasy of it. Yet this time, it was different.