Chapter Thirteen

(This chapter gives us a sneak peak into Aiden prior to TPS, and I will say I love it!)

Luke could not deny that he got the butterflies from Wes watching him return to his own apartment. It made him feel safe having him watching over him, keeping a close eye on his person. When he came back out with his dog on a leash, Wes was still there.

"Wes," Luke laughed quietly, finding it was easy to forget their troubles when the male was being, in his own way, a comfort.
"Stay. I can take my dog out."

To his surprise, Wes listened and remained in his doorway. Though Luke found, with some amusement, that he was still there when he returned.
"Just making sure." Wes mused before he returned to his own apartment, shutting the door. Luke let out a weak laugh, entering his own apartment. He made his way to the closet and grabbed one of his nicer outfits. He slid into a pair of dress slacks, a button-up shirt, and a tie as well. Then, he slid on his good shoes and pulled his hair back into a smooth ponytail.

When he knocked on Wes' door, the male eyed him up and down shamelessly before licking his lips.
"Stop." Luke let out a weak laugh, and Wes smirked, his head tilting to the side.

"I like it." Wes was wearing a nice outfit as well. Luke stepped forward, smoothing down his shirt before clearing his throat.

"Where are we going?"

"Aiden likes fancy places. I think it's because of his dad. Anyways, do you like seafood?" Luke nodded.
"Good." Wes chuckled and took his hand in his, guiding him out the door.

"Are you driving?" Luke questioned, and Wes grinned at him.

"I can drive your car?"

"You already have before." Luke snorted out, rolling his eyes. He did not bother getting in the driver's seat. Instead, he went to the passenger side, climbing into the car as Wes got into the driver's seat.
"Should I be nervous about meeting him?"

"Not at all. Aiden can be a pretentious ass, but he is a good man." Wes chuckled quietly, giving a slow shake of his head. Luke offered a slow nod, relaxing back into his seat as his eyes fluttered closed. He could feel Wes' hand on his thigh, gently squeezing the spot.

"We should still be more careful about people seeing us." He said softly, receiving a slow nod.

"Indeed. We are driving a little ways to meet him. His... partner is going to be there with him as well." The words earned a brief look of surprise from Luke, though he made no objections as he took Wes' hand in his. He slowly lifted his palm to his cheek, nuzzling softly into it.

"Okay." He murmured quietly. The rest of the drive was peaceful, the soft sound of music playing in the background. It was something Luke needed after what they had gone through. The stress and fear of what the dean was going to do had Luke's chest clenching each time he thought about it.

When they finally arrived at the restaurant, Luke was stunned by how nice it appeared to be. He moved to open his door, letting out a gasp when Wes popped him on his thigh.
"Stay." His tone was scolding before he climbed out, making his way to open Luke's door.

"Showing off?" Luke teased him lightly as Wes offered him his hand. He immediately placed his palm in his, offering a shy smile when Wes lifted his hand to his lips.

"Indeed." Wes gave a slow nod before he pulled Luke from his seat and guided them into the restaurant. He gave Aiden's name for the reservation, where they were guided to a round booth in the back. Wes got in first, and Luke took the outside spot. He was thankful Wes did not attempt to make him sit next to a stranger; he hardly enjoyed meeting new people.