Chapter Fourteen

As promised, Luke returned to work as normal for the remainder of finals week. He had, however, received an email correspondence from the dean stating he would be given a date to handle the situation that had been brought to his attention.

The night he received that email, Luke had remained at Wes'. He had kept his arms around the man the entire night, sobbing quietly until he fell into sleep. Wes had attempted to reassure him and to remind him that it was hardly his fault that they were having to suffer. His words had not done much to calm him, but the steady sound of his heartbeat against his ear as well as his hands rubbing gently along his body had been a reassurance.

Wes had passed each of his finals with an A, something which had made Luke equally happy for him and petrified all the same. Wes was clearly fully capable of graduating, yet he risked losing all of that solely for him.

"Luke," Wes murmured as he leaned against the bedroom door frame of Luke's apartment. He watched as Luke dressed anxiously in a suit, tying his tie steadily. Luke turned to face him, and a scowl played on his lips when he noticed that Wes had his tie tossed loosely over his shoulders, not even tied yet.

"Wes," he scolded as he approached him.
"Why are you not dressed yet?"

"I don't know how to tie it." Wes gave a nonchalant shrug, doing his best to disregard Luke's disbelieving stare.

"You, a business major, do not know how to tie a tie." He said slowly, noting the glower Wes threw his way.

"Shut it. No one taught me." He puffed out, rolling his eyes. Luke's eyes softened, and he grabbed the male, pulling him to sit on the edge of the bed so he could see himself in the mirror.

"Like this." He murmured and began to walk him through the steps with arms draped over his shoulders to control the tie. Despite him trying to teach Wes, he could see that the male's eyes were focused on watching him in the mirror, rather than watching his hands and the tie.
"See? Now you look handsome." He cooed before pressing a kiss to Wes' temple.

"I didn't before?" Wes scowled at him, something which had him grinning.

"You were sexy before." Luke corrected, speaking almost as though he were talking to a rebellious teenager. Wes let out a soft 'hmph' and pulled Luke so that his body pressed flush against him. His palms explored slowly down his hips before cupping his ass.

"My pretty little man." Wes pressed his lips to his temple and then to his lips before staring down at him.
"Are you okay?" The words were spoken much more softly now, his voice laced with concern as he studied him. Luke offered a small nod, chewing his lip nervously.

"Yeah. I, uh, I am just a little paranoid. But your graduation is this weekend. So, I want to get this settled immediately." He explained before Wes was pulling him to the door.

"We have time to go get coffee. So, let's go to the cafe." He suggested, keeping his hand firmly in his. Since Luke insisted on turning in his resignation, Wes refused to hide what they had any longer unless they were on the college campus. Luke always got butterflies at the idea of other people seeing them holding hands, but he also enjoyed that Wes wanted to show him off and claim him as his.

"Okay." Luke agreed, smiling the slightest bit as he followed Wes. They drove to the café, something they did not do too often as they enjoyed the morning walk. However, Luke refused to get dirty.

When he and Wes ordered, their usual barista, Katie, offered a grin.
"The two of you are looking very nice this morning. Are you going on a date?" She teased. Wes snorted at her words as Luke tapped his card to the machine.

"Unfortunately, not. We have to go deal with some drama at the college." Wes let out an exaggerated sigh, and a brief look of concern passed over her features.