Chapter 24

Lapis' POV:

We walked into Peridot's dressing room to get ready for the show, which would start in about 20 minutes. Tons of people started arriving at the ticket booths, trying to squeeze their way through the entrance. Peridot and I were even out of breath as we tried to get past the fans. "About time," Jasper said with her arms folded against her chest. Everyone was already dressed and ready for the show. Peridot rolled her eyes before grabbing my wrist, pushing her way through the rest of the band members and pulling me towards the back dressing room, closing the door behind us. "Okay, I have to get dressed, you can take whatever is left in the bag," Peridot said as she searched for appropriate performance clothing. "R-right here?" I said with my face a light shade of pink. I didn't think we were going to get dressed in the same room. "I won't look!" Peridot snapped as she quickly took off her swimming clothing to throw on a bra and shirt. My instincts, of course, made me turn to face the other way, but oh how much I just wanted to take a little peek.

I quickly took a comfortable shirt and threw it over my head as fast as possible, and Peridot did the same, with both our backs turned towards one another. "Are you done?" Peridot asked softly. "Mhph! Uh huh," I said with a muffled voice as I struggled to get the top of my shirt over my now ruffled blue hair. "Okay..." Peridot said softly as she now turned to face my way. I did the same once I was now comfortable in the clothes I wore. Our eyes met, a silent yet peaceful stare at one another. My face was another shade of red once Peridot slowly walked towards me. Her face was expressionless, but careful as well. She decided to stand in front of me, inches away from my face. We stared a few more seconds. Before I wanted to open my mouth to say something, I felt a slight peck on my cheek. Peridot kissed my cheek...

My face was filled with all kinds of emotions, the more dominant expressions being confusion and drunken daze. Peridot's face was also covered with pink shades that spread across her cheeks. She looked down, with her hands behind her back. She then walked towards the door as fast as her legs could take her and closed it behind her, without any words left behind. "P-Peridot just... kissed me?" I asked myself as I gently caressed my cheek with the tips of my fingers, a smile lingering on my face. Everything felt blurry and dizzy, my mind didn't know where to start thinking. This changes everything, does this mean Peridot likes me back? I don't understand!? I had to lean against the back wall to gain extra support. My hand was on the top of my head, my eyes darting everywhere around the room, in hopes of finding answers to my many questions bunched up in my mind.

But at last, I calmed down and decided to head outside. The lights were already set up properly, the sun was starting to set slowly but surely, and many fans surrounded the stage. In the corner of my eye, I saw Jasper run out onto the stage, with loud roars roaming around the beach that came from the audience. And this happened as well for the rest of the band members. I decided to get closer to the stage, guess I'll be viewing them from the side of the curtains the whole show. As I got closer, Pearl ran out with another wave of screaming and shouting coming from the fans below the stage. Next up should be... Peridot. Peridot peeked out from behind the curtain, with her red guitar against her torso. Peridot was just about to head onto the stage before she hesitated, sensing someone was eyeing her from behind, turning her head towards my direction. She studied me for a second before a soft smile grew on her lips. I wanted to ask her about what happened, but before I could ask, she ran onto the stage.

After the crowd had settled down a bit, I took my place next to the back stage curtains and leaned against a wall, looking at the band members get ready for their songs. The first song that was played was "Somebody Told Me" by the Killers. Ofcourse, I got slightly hyped up to hear this song being played by the Sharded Stones. Even if I was friends with the band members, doesn't mean I can still fan girl over