Chapter 20

Peridot's POV:

I woke up with a loud yawn and my eyelids half closed. After Amethyst came to drop me off, we spent some time together, spoke about the whole Jasper situation further, and had a little fun playing games as well. But once she left, I went straight to bed and slept the whole night through. I sat on the edge of the bed, trying to gain consciousness. I rubbed my head as I got up and lazily walked to the bathroom with a slouched back. I scratched my back as I closed the bathroom door behind me. It took a second for my eyes to adjust and look into the mirror. It looked like my black eye was fading away slowly. If it didn't go away sooner or later, I would have to cover it with makeup for the concert, and I'm not a huge fan of makeup. I groaned and glanced down at my bandage-covered arm. I twisted it from side to side, trying to locate any open wounds near it that had not been covered. Besides, I was in a rush to cover the large cut up.

I splashed my face with water and walked out of the bathroom, deciding to sit on the bed for a few more minutes. I decided to check my phone in the meantime. I opened my contacts and read my last few messages that were sent to Lapis.

You: Hey, so I was wondering if you would like to come over to my house tomorrow night. I'll be practicing for the concert on Friday. So I just thought you could spend the night with the band and me, then I can take you as my plus one to the concert for free.

You: See it as a thank you for treating my bruises last night.

I scrolled a bit further down, only to see that Lapis had responded last night.

Lazuli: Sounds fun, I'll be done with work at 5 pm. Do you think one of you can come and pick me up later after that?

A smile grew on my face once I saw her message that had been sent. I honestly thought she might not have want to come, the last couple of days we have been together for awhile. I'm not complaining, definitely not, but I just had the feeling she might have wanted to spend some time alone.

You: Sure, I'll come pick you up 5:15 pm at the restaurant. I need to get a few drinks and snacks for the band anyway.

You: Geuss ill see you then. 👽

I'm not sure why I sent the last emoji; I just felt like adding something to spruce up the conversation. But I heard nothing from Lapis. She must have been at work already. I checked the time on my main home screen. "8:23 am," I said quietly as I held my nose bridge. I decided to get up and head downstairs to the kitchen. Amethyst once again took almost everything that was left in the fridge, so I'll be lucky if I find something to eat for breakfast. I looked through the cupboards and luckily found a half-empty cereal box at the back. I took the cereal out and poured it into a bowl. I took the milk out and poured it in after, grabbing a spoon and eating the cereal quickly before it got too soggy.

I sat on the couch and turned on the TV to take a look at the news. Nothing interesting was to be seen, but just a few announcements of the "Sharded Stones playing at Beach Cities Beach tomorrow night." I sighed, luckily we won't really be changing the song choices from last week's concert, maybe a few extras we performed beforehand, but I have to be sure, that's why we are practicing with the band later tonight. I turned off the TV as I finished my cereal, placing the bowl in the sink for later chores. I walked up the stairs and opened the closet door once I was in the room. I scanned my clothing choices as my palms were placed at each side of my hips. At last, I decided to wear a basic green shirt with slightly ripped jeans that led down to my knees. I decided to take some common black sneakers and threw on a black jacket with an alien printed on the back.

As I brushed my hair neatly and shaped it correctly, I trotted down the stairs once again and grabbed a sticky note placed on the fridge with a magnet. I always keep them there, just in case of an emergency. I grabbed a pencil that randomly lay on the kitchen counter and wrote down what might be needed for tonight's band practice.