Chapter 1

Lapis' POV:

Tonight's the night! A full 3 months of being a cashier has finally paid off! I have made a total of $229 to be able to go to a concert I have been wishing for ever since the age of 8. The tickets only cost $200, but the rest might help to buy some drinks at a bar afterwards.

I sat up straight on my bed, only gazing at my wall for a few seconds before giving a loud yawn and stretching my body. I lazily stood up and walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind me. Not that I needed to, because I live alone, as should most 22-year-olds. I rested my hands on the sink, as I slowly raised my head towards the mirror, scanning my face with an exhausted sigh. "Only a few more hours until the most exciting night of your life, Lapis," I would mumble under my breath as I opened the faucet of the cold water tap.

I dunked my head into the bowl of ice-cold water, gasping as I rose up for air. I tried to brush my blue-dyed hair into the correct position with a spare comb I never use while sticking my tongue out slightly, showing that I was focused. After a short struggle with my hair, I rubbed my eyes in irritation before undressing myself to hop into the shower to start my day.

Steam exited the bathroom as I opened the door and walked out, a satisfied sigh leaving my lips. I quickly put on a dark blue jean that fell to my knees, a plain black T-shirt with a surfboard on it, and a basic light blue jean jacket tied around my waist.

Before deciding to head downstairs to the kitchen, I picked up my phone, which had a nice black phone cover with a blue gem shaped like a teardrop drawn on it. I scrolled to messages only to find none left for me. I scoffed, not even sure why; I didn't really expect anyone to text me this early. "Speaking of time..." I whispered to myself before checking the time on my phone's main screen. "Oh crap!" I squeaked before jumping up and bolting down the stairs to the kitchen table, while trying to fit my phone in my abnormally small pants pockets.

I stumbled across the kitchen tile flooring before grabbing a bread pack and throwing two pieces of bread in the toaster, then pushing the button that activates the heat to rise. I impatiently tapped my finger against the marble table in the middle of the kitchen, slightly leaning against it as I waited for the toast to - TING! "Great!" I said, snatching the two pieces of bread and thrusting one into my mouth.

I darted towards the front door, fumbling with the keys to open it. Once the correct key was found, I turned the knob to open it, almost tripping over my shoelace while running out. I noticed one of my shoelaces was untied. "I'll sort that out later," I said softly as I ran towards the bike parked in front of the lawn.

In a hurry, I hopped on the bike and pedaled as fast as I could towards "Brunch it up," my job. It was hard to focus on being on time and avoiding passing by cars on the road. As soon as I arrived, my calves were aching ever so slightly, and I was mostly out of breath. I entered the restaurant with an extra back door key that one of the employees gave me on my first day.

(608 Words)