Twenty five

Today Billie came home.
Demi was thrilled to show her the minor adjustments she made to the house like building little shelves and filling them with Billie's favorite books instead of them being all the way down in the library.
     And the stuffed animals scattered on the bed.
Oh shit.
   They're scattered all over the bed.
Demi raced upstairs and began arranging the plushies on the bed, each one holding a shared memory between Demi and Billie.
Finally Billie came home.
Demi jutted down the stairs as swiftly as possible, meeting Billie at the door.
"Hi mama." She exclaimed, picking her girlfriend up off of the ground, allowing her to wrap her legs around her waist.
Demi just hugged Billie tightly, breathing in the scent of her perfume.
"I missed you." Demi whispered, holding onto Billie, playing with her hair.
"I missed you more Ma." Billie chuckled, letting the girl down.
"Look around. I cleaned and built a few things in the bedroom and I organized the library since you haven't been down there in ages..." Demi trailed on, her eyes wide and hopeful that Billie would appreciate the small things she did while Billie was gone.
"I love it. Thank you mama." Billie said, embracing the smaller girl in a tight hug.
The next few hours was spent with Demi lying on Billie's lap while Billie read a book.
Even the quiet moments together was enough to make Demi happy. She preferred moments like this over fancy dinner dates.
Which reminded her.
"Hm, baby our anniversary is next week." Demi said, slightly interrupting Billie's reading time.
"I know Ma. I have something planned for us." Billie said with a smile, brushing her hands through Demi's hair making Demi smile.
"You hungry? I'm gonna go grab a snack." Demi said while getting up.
"No thank you Dem. I'll take some water though, please and thank you." Billie peered through the pages of the book at the young brunette.
    Demi raced down the stairs carefully and made her way into the kitchen.
   She cut up some fruit and placed it into a bowl and grabbed a bottle of water for Billie before carefully going back up the stairs.
    "Here you go." Demi said in a high pitched voice.
    "Thank you my love."

*a few hours later*

Billie had taken Demi to a party and separated from her not too long after arriving.
    "Hey I'm a friend of Billie's , could I get you a drink?" The girl asked while sitting down next to her.
    "I really shouldn't. Billie and I are only here for business. Not to have fun." Demi scooted the chair out and tried to leave but the girl grabbed her arm.
     "Let me go." Demi grunted, pulling her arm away.
    That's all she remembered from that night.
         Demi found herself waking up in the shared bed alone, in a hurry to search for Billie she had fallen and hit her head, resulting in a gash across her forehead.
     She must've been drugged.
Billie came running in, only to find Demi lying in a pool of her own blood.
     "Fuck!" She gasped, reaching out for the young girl, carrying her down to the garage where she put her in the backseat of the car and sped off to the hospital.
     Once she arrived at the emergency room she parked and rushed inside with a limp girl in her arms, flashing in and out of consciousness.
   "Help me please, she fell and hit her head." Billie panicked, afraid Demi was loosing too much blood.
     Billie placed the girl on the stretcher and watched the nurses roll her away to a room.
    "Come back here, get cleaned up." The receptionist said while leading Billie, who was in shock, towards the bathroom.
    She handed Billie a thin, white tshirt and a rag to clean off the blood.   
     And then she walked Billie to the emergency room to me with Demi while she got stitches.
    "She lost a lot of blood." The woman said while holding a carton of orange juice to the brunettes lips.
    "We're gonna run a tox screen and then you guys are set to go." She added, passing the carton of juice to Billie to hold for the unstable girl.
    Once the nurse came back she looked really worried.
    "We found significant amounts of ketamine in her blood." She stated, flipping through the papers.
   "And alcohol." She added.
"We went to a party lastnight.. I left her alone for 5 minutes to use the bathroom." Billie said while standing up.    
    "Demetria is that right?" The nurse asked while kneeling down to the high girl. 
     Demi nodded and looked over at Billie.
    "I wanna go home." Is all she said, reaching for Billie's hand.
     "Alright. Let me grab discharge papers and then you'll be on your way."

I can't be you; Billie eilishजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें