Twenty one

"Bil? Bil where are you?" Demi panicked while running into the house.
   "Billie!" She shouted.
She ran into the bedroom, no Billie. Bathroom, no Billie.
   She checked everywhere and still no sign of her girlfriend.
    "Demi what's going on what's wrong?"
"Finneas! Have you seen Billie? Or heard from her? She dropped me off at home two nights ago and hasn't responded to me ever since."
     Finneas took a deep breath.
"I thought you knew, Billie is in Chicago. She left the other night."
    Demi's heart sank as flashbacks of their last argument flooded her memory.

"I don't care! He killed my mom, he should be dead." Demi sobbed into Billie's arms after a very heated argument started over her dad.
"I guess he should be dead. Go to bed. I'll be back."
"You can't kill him." Demi sniffled.
"Why not?"
"He left to Chicago. I talked to his other daughters."

"Fin. I'll be back. Please let shark out. He's waiting by the door." Demi said while running out the door.
She took an Uber to the airport and got on the next plane to Chicago.

*hours later*
Demi looked up the address her dad's other daughters gave her and walked there as it wasn't to far from the airport.
When she arrived she saw Billie's car in the driveway.
She peeked through the window and his dead body was displayed against the white fluffy carpet in the living room.
And out ran Billie.
"Demetria what the fuck are you doing here!?" Billie growled while shoving her into the car and speeding toward the highway back to New York.
"How the hell did you get here and why? I left you home for a reason it's not safe for you!"
"I used my savings. You ghosted me. You could've told me that you were going and I would've let you!"
Demi looked over at Billie and sighed.
"If you want me to be safe you have to communicate with me so I can comply." Demi cleared her throat and Billie nodded.
"Okay. Alright. I'm sorry baby."
Billie said in a low tone.
Wow. Billie really apologized with sincerity. Demi's heart sank, knowing this was the first real apology she'd ever heard from Billie.
"It's alright Bil." Demi spoke quietly, her hand gripping Billie's cold hand tightly.
"Did you sleep on the plane? Did you eat?"
"No." Demi mumbled and Billie glanced over at her quickly, her head turning back to the road.
"Why not? You know how important your health is to me."
"I was too worried. I didn't feel tired and I wasn't hungry." Demi reached over into the backseat of the car and grabbed Billie's spare hoodie as she had left to the airport in such a hurry, she didn't wear a jacket.
"What the fuck is this?" Demi asked while pulling out a baggie from the pocket of the jacket.
"Those are pills." Billie said.
"Adderals. You don't have adhd why do you have these?"
"They keep me awake Demi." Billie tried to snatch them but Demi tightened her grip on the bag.
"Billie that's not good. You don't need them. You need rest, you need to sleep at night. You're killing your liver for no reason. Promise me you stop please."
The older girl sucked in a frustrated breath and swallowed hard.
"I promise baby I'm sorry."
Billie opened her hand and Demi slowly and cautiously placed the baggie in her hand in which she tossed them out the window."
"I know I'm on edge. I don't mean to get so pissed for no reason whatsoever. I just want you safe alright? I know you want to protect me but you need protection too. Even the toughest girls need love and protection."
Billie chuckled and held Demi's hand.
"It's so cute when you're mad."